Open as PDF
Page 52 April 22, 2003 3:07 pm
SUBSIDIARY SETTINGS (cont.)
* The default setting is bold in the table below.
8 COLOUR SYSTEM
You can play back PAL, NTSC and MESECAM tapes, or record PAL and
SECAM* signals on this recorder. Select the appropriate colour system.
* SECAM signals will be recorded as MESECAM on this recorder; MESECAM is the
designation for tapes with SECAM signals that have been recorded on a
MESECAM-compatible PAL video cassette recorder.
PAL/NTSC: To record PAL signals, or play back a PAL or NTSC tape.
MESECAM: To record SECAM signals, or play back a MESECAM tape.
● It is not possible to record in S-VHS if “MESECAM” is selected. The recording mode
is forced to change to VHS.
● If “MESECAM” is selected when the tape speed is set to EP mode, the tape speed will
be forced to change to LP mode.
● It is not possible to select EP mode if “MESECAM” is selected.
About NTSC Playback
● Some TVs shrink the picture vertically and place black bars at the top and bottom of
the TV screen. This is not a malfunction on the part of either the video recorder or
● The picture may roll up and down. This can be corrected using the V-HOLD control
found on some TVs. (This cannot be corrected if the TV does not have a V-HOLD
● The counter and tape remaining time readings will be incorrect.
● During search, still, or frame-by-frame playback, the picture will be distorted, and
there may be a loss of colour.
● Depending on the type of TV, the top and bottom portions of superimposed displays
may be cut off during NTSC playback.
Ⅵ AUTO POWER OFF
When this function is set to “3H”, the recorder is turned off automatically if
no operation is done within 3 hours. “AUTO POWER OFF IN 3 MIN”
appears on the screen 3 minutes before the recorder is turned off.
HRS7960E-EN.book Page 52 Tuesday, April 22, 2003 3:07 PM