Open as PDF
Page 2 April 22, 2003 3:07 pm
The rating plate and the safety caution are on the rear of the unit.
WARNING: DANGEROUS VOLTAGE INSIDE
WARNING: TO PREVENT FIRE OR SHOCK HAZARD, DO NOT EXPOSE THIS UNIT
TO RAIN OR MOISTURE.
8 When you are not using the recorder for a long period of time, it is recommended that you disconnect
the power cord from the mains outlet.
8 Dangerous voltage inside. Refer internal servicing to qualified service personnel. To prevent electric
shock or fire hazard, remove the power cord from the mains outlet prior to connecting or
disconnecting any signal lead or aerial.
There are two different types of SECAM colour systems: SECAM-L, used in FRANCE (also called
SECAM-West), and SECAM-B, used in Eastern European countries (also called SECAM-East).
1. This recorder can also receive SECAM-B colour television signals for recording and playback.
2. Recordings made of SECAM-B television signals produce monochrome pictures if played back on a
video recorder of SECAM-L standard, or do not produce normal colour pictures if played back on a
PAL video recorder with SECAM-B system incorporated (even if the TV set is SECAM-compatible).
3. SECAM-L prerecorded cassettes or recordings made with a SECAM-L video recorder produce
monochrome pictures when played back with this recorder.
4. This recorder cannot be used for the SECAM-L standard. Use a SECAM-L recorder to record SECAM-L
8 Please read the various precautions on pages 2 and 3 before installing or operating the recorder.
8 It should be noted that it may be unlawful to re-record pre-recorded tapes, records, or discs without
the consent of the owner of copyright in the sound or video recording, broadcast or cable programme
and in any literary, dramatic, musical, or artistic work embodied therein.
● Cassettes marked “S-VHS” and “VHS” can be used with this video cassette recorder. However, S-VHS recordings are possible only
with cassettes marked “S-VHS”.
By using the S-VHS ET function, it is possible to record and play back with S-VHS picture quality on VHS cassettes with this recorder.
HOWVIEW is a registered trademark of Gemstar Development Corporation. The SHOWVIEW system is manufactured under licence
from Gemstar Development Corporation.
HRS7960E-EN.book Page 2 Tuesday, April 22, 2003 3:07 PM