Open as PDF
Page 28 April 26, 2003 4:29 pm
With the SHOWVIEW system, timer programming is greatly
simplified because each TV programme has a corresponding
code number which your recorder is able to recognize.
Access the SHOWVIEW screen.
The front display panel looks like this:
Enter the SHOWVIEW number.
The SHOWVIEW number you enter appears on the front display
panel with only a 4-digit number:
Access the SHOWVIEW Program screen.
The front display panel shows the programme number. Pressing
" changes the display to the programme start time, the stop
time, the date, the tape speed then the channel position.
● If the number you entered is invalid, “ERROR” appears on the
TV screen and “Err” appears on the front display panel. Press
& and input a valid SHOWVIEW number
Before performing the SHOWVIEW Timer
● Make sure that the recorder’s built-in clock is set properly.
● Insert a cassette with the safety tab in place. The recorder
will come on automatically.
● Turn on the TV and select the video channel (or AV mode).
Press the number keys to
enter the S
of a programme you wish to
● If you make a mistake, press &
and input the correct number.
Press OK and the SHOWVIEW
Program screen appears (if
you’re just starting out, “P1”
● Make sure the channel position number you wish to record
is displayed; if “TV PROG” displays “– –”, set the channel
position number correctly. Press PR+/– to input the
channel position number on which your recorder receives
the station. Then press OK.
● To set the channel position
number for the satellite
broadcast station, press the
number key “0” to change
“TV PROG” to “SAT”. Press
PR+/– to input the channel
position number on which
your satellite receiver
receives that station. Then
HRS7960E3-EN.fm Page 28 Saturday, April 26, 2003 4:31 PM