Open as PDF
Page 32 April 22, 2003 3:07 pm
TIMER RECORDING (cont.)
24 Hour Express
● You can programme this recorder to timer-record as many as
8 programmes. If you try to programme the recorder to record
a ninth, “FULL” appears on the front display panel. To record
the extra programme, you must first cancel any unnecessary
੬ pg. 33).
● If “Err” appears on the front display panel, repeat the above
● When a menu screen is shown, you cannot use 24 Hour
Express Timer Programming function. Press MENU to return to
normal screen, and try again.
● You can use 24 Hour Express Timer Programming function
also when the recorder is turned off.
● For 24 Hour Express Timer Programming function, the
programme overlap warning display does not appear even if
some programmes overlap each other. The programme with
the lower programme number will be recorded and the other
one will not be recorded correctly.
You can programme a timer recording that starts within 24 hours
using the JOG dial on the recorder.
Enter the programme mode.
Press 24H EXPRESS # on the recorder. The start time
indicator ( ) starts blinking on the front display panel.
Set the programme start/stop time and
Turn the JOG dial to the left or right to set the time you
want recording to start.
● One click stop of the JOG dial changes the time in 5-minute
Push the JOG dial. The stop time indicator ( ) starts
blinking on the front display panel. Turn the JOG dial to
the left or right to set the time you want recording to stop.
Push the JOG dial. Turn the JOG dial to the left or right to
select the channel you wish to record.
● You can cancel the setting at any time by pressing and holding
the JOG dial for more than 3 seconds or pressing & on the
remote control. Repeat the step 2.
● To set the tape speed, press SP/LP/EP (
p). The current
setting for the tape speed appears on the display panel for
about 5 seconds. Press SP/LP/EP (
p) again to change the
setting while tape speed is displayed.
Engage the recorder’s timer mode.
Press 24H EXPRESS #. The recorder turns off
automatically and ”
#” appears on the front display
● To disengage the timer mode, press # (TIMER) or
Before performing the 24 Hour Express Timer
● Make sure that the recorder’s built-in clock is set properly.
● Insert a cassette with the safety tab in place. The recorder
will come on automatically.
HRS7960E-EN.book Page 32 Tuesday, April 22, 2003 3:07 PM