Open as PDF
Page 20 April 28, 2003 4:46 pm
Load a cassette.
Make sure the window side is up, the rear label side is
facing you and the arrow on the front of the cassette is
pointed toward the recorder.
● Do not apply too much pressure when inserting.
● If the record safety tab has been removed, playback begins
● If the record safety tab is intact, the recorder checks the tape
information for Programme Navigation. For details, refer to
੬ pg. 36).
Find the programme start point.
If the tape is advanced past the start point, press 3 or
turn the JOG dial* to the left. To go forward, press 5 or
turn the JOG dial* to the right.
* functions only if FDP shows counter reading.
Press 4. “bESt” appears blinking in the recorder’s front
display panel during automatic tracking. (
੬ pg. 27)
Press 8 on the remote control or 0 on the recorder’s
front panel. Then press
0 to remove the cassette.
Turn on the TV and select the video channel (or
Clean the video heads using a dry cleaning
cassette — TCL-2 — when:
● Rough, poor picture appears while a tape is played back.
● The picture is unclear or no picture appears.
● “USE CLEANING CASSETTE” appears on the screen (only
with “O.S.D.” set to “ON” (
੬ pg. 49)).
The heads get dirty in the following cases:
● in an environment prone to extreme temperature or
● in a dusty environment
● flaw, dirt or mold on video tapes
● continuous usage for a long time
● Compact VHS camcorder recordings can be played on this
video recorder. Simply place the recorded cassette into a
VHS Cassette Adapter and it can be used just like any
full-sized VHS cassette.
● This video recorder can record on regular VHS and Super
VHS cassettes. While only VHS signals can be recorded on
regular VHS cassettes*, both VHS and Super VHS signals
can be recorded and played back using Super VHS
* By using the S-VHS ET function, it is possible to record and
play back with S-VHS picture quality on VHS cassettes
with this recorder.
HRS7960E2-EN.fm Page 20 Monday, April 28, 2003 4:46 PM