Open as PDF
Page 11 April 22, 2003 3:07 pm
8To connect to a TV with S-VIDEO/AUDIO IN
connectors . . .
Connect the recorder to TV.
A Connect the aerial, recorder and TV as per “RF
੬ pg. 10).
B Connect the recorder’s S VIDEO OUT connector to
the TV’s S-VIDEO IN connector.
C Connect the recorder’s AUDIO OUT connectors to the
TV’s AUDIO IN connectors.
Connect the recorder to mains.
Plug the end of the mains power cord into a mains outlet.
● You can obtain high-quality S-VHS pictures.
● With S-VIDEO connection, you cannot use the Preset
Download function (
੬ pg. 14).
● If your TV is not stereo-capable, use the recorder’s AUDIO
OUT connectors to connect to an audio amplifier for Hi-Fi
stereo sound reproduction. (
੬ pg. 47)
● To operate the recorder with your TV using the S-VIDEO
connection, set your TV to its AV mode.
● For switching the TV’s mode, refer to the instruction manual of
Back of TV
AUDIO IN connectors
Back of recorder
RF cable (provided)
S VIDEO OUT
TV aerial cable
After the connection is completed, perform “Auto Set
Up” on page 12.
HRS7960E-EN.book Page 11 Tuesday, April 22, 2003 3:07 PM