Open as PDF
Page 12 April 22, 2003 3:07 pm
Auto Set Up
Auto Channel Set/Auto Clock Set/
Auto Guide Program Number Set
Turn on the recorder.
Press 1 on the recorder or remote control. The Country
Set display appears on the TV screen.
Select your country.
● If you have selected BELGIUM or SUISSE, go to step 3.
● If you have selected MAGYARORSZÁG, CESKÁ REPUBLIKA,
POLSKA or OTHER EASTERN EUROPE, press OK. The Clock
Set screen appears. Set the clock manually (
੬ pg. 59), then
go to step 4.
● If you have selected any other country name, go to step 4.
1 button on the recorder or remote control is
pressed for the first time to power on the recorder
, by simply
selecting your country*, the Auto Set Up function sets the
tuner channels, clock** and Guide Program numbers
* If you live in Belgium (BELGIUM) or Switzerland (SUISSE), you also
need to select your language.
**If you live in Hungary (MAGYARORSZÁG), Czech Republic (CESKÁ
REPUBLIKA), Poland (POLSKA) or other countries in Eastern Europe
(OTHER EASTERN EUROPE), set the clock manually.
Before starting, make sure of the following:
● The TV aerial cable should be connected to the recorder.
● The recorder’s mains power cord should be connected to a
● The TV should be set to its AV mode (with AV connection
੬ pg. 10) or UHF channel 36 (with RF connection
੬ pg. 10).
While performing Auto Set Up for the first time,
● do NOT disconnect the recorder from the power supply (AC)
● do NOT press any button unless instructed
● ensure that Auto Set Up is not interrupted while the
operation is still in progress
If you have connected your TV to
the recorder with RF connection
and the on-screen display
appearing on UHF channel 36
looks distorted, perform “Video
Channel Set” on page 61.
Press rt to move the
highlight bar (pointer) to your
(Example) DEUTSCHLAND is
HRS7960E-EN.book Page 12 Tuesday, April 22, 2003 3:07 PM