Open as PDF
Major Appliance Warranty
This warranty does not cover the following:
1. Products with original serial numbers that have been removed,
altered or cannot be readily determined.
2. Product that has been transferred from its original owner to
another party or removed outside the USA or Canada.
3. Rust on the interior or exterior of the unit.
4. Products purchased "as-is" are not covered by this warranty.
5. Food loss due to any refrigerator or freezer failures.
6. Products used in a commercial setting.
7. Service calls which do not involve malfunction or defects in
materials or workmanship, or for appliances not in ordinary
household use or used other than in accordance with the provided
8. Service calls to correct the installation of your appliance or to
instruct you how to use your appliance.
9. Expenses for making the appliance accessible for servicing,
such as removal of trim, cupboards, shelves, etc., which are not a
part of the appliance when it is shipped from the factory.
10. Service calls to repair or replace appliance light bulbs, air
filters, water filters, other consumables, or knobs, handles, or
other cosmetic parts.
11. Surcharges including, but not limited to, any after hour,
weekend, or holiday service calls, tolls, ferry trip charges, or
mileage expense for service calls to remote areas, including the
state of Alaska.
12. Damages to the finish of appliance or home incurred during
installation, including but not limited to floors, cabinets, walls, etc.
13. Damages caused by: services performed by unauthorized
service companies; use of parts other than genuine Electrolux
parts or parts obtained from persons other than authorized service
companies; or external causes such as abuse, misuse, inadequate
power supply, accidents, fires, or acts of God.
Your appliance is covered by a full one-year warranty and a limited 2-5 year warranty
(sealed system). For one year from your original date of purchase, Electrolux will pay
all costs for repairing or replacing any parts of this appliance that prove to be efective
in materials or workmanship when such appliance is installed, used and maintained in
accordance with the provided instructions. From the second to the fifth year from
your original purchase date, Electrolux will repair or replace any parts in the Sealed
Refrigeration System (compressor, condenser, evaporator and tubing) proves to be
defective in materials or workmanship. The consumer will be responsible for diagnos-
tic costs and any removal, transportation and reinstallation costs which are required
because of service, costs for labor, parts and transportation other than with respect
to the Sealed Refrigeration System.