Open as PDF
Safety information _3
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
When using an electrical appliance, basic precautions should be observed, including the
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING YOUR ROBOTIC VACUUM CLEANER.
Always connect to a polarized outlet (left slot is wider than right). Unplug from outlet when not in
use and before conducting maintenance.
WARNING: to reduce the risk of ﬁre, electric shock, or injury:
• Use only as described in this manual.
Do not operate the robotic vacuum cleaner or charger if it has been damaged in any way.
• If the cleaner is not working as it should, has been dropped, damaged, left outdoors,
or dropped in water, return it to a customer care center.
• Do not handle the charger or robotic vacuum cleaner with wet hands.
• Use only on dry, indoor surfaces.
• This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced
physical,sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless
they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a
person responsible for their safety.
• Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
• Do not modify the polarized plug to t a non-polarized outlet or extension cord.
• Do not use outdoors or on wet surfaces.
• Unplug the charger from the outlet when not in use and before servicing.
• Use only the charger supplied by the manufacturer to recharge.
• Do not use with a damaged cord or plug.
• Do not pull or carry by the cord, use the cord as a handle, close the door on the cord,
or pull the cord around sharp edges or corners. Keep the cord away from heated
• Do not use extension cords or outlets with inadequate current carrying capacity.
• Do not unplug by pulling on the cord. To unplug, grasp the plug, not the cord.
• Do not mutilate or incinerate batteries as they will explode at high temperatures.
• Do not attempt to open the charger. Repairs should only be carried out by a qualied
customer care centre.
• Do not expose the charger to high temperatures or allow moisture or humidity of any
kind to come into contact with the charger.
DJ68-00518A (EN-1)-0.1.indd 3 2009.11.5 11:32:18 AM