Open as PDF
24_ Operating the cleaner
Operating the cleaner
INSTALLING THE ROBOTIC VACUUM CLEANER
INSTALLING THE SMART GATE
You can conne the robotic vacuum cleaner to
a particular section by using Fence (virtual wall)
mode or clean several sections one by one using
Guard (virtual door) mode.
Main Unit Detection Sensor
Distance Control Switch
✽ The distance detection sensor
forms a virtual straight barrier of the
specied fence length.
Distance Detection Sensor
About 1 m
About 2 m
About 3 m
Switch Setting Max Distance
✽ Set the switch according to the required fence length.
1. Mode lamp operations
- Fence (virtual wall) Mode: The red lamp ashes.
- Guard (virtual door) Mode: The green lamp ashes.
- Off: The lamp is turned off.
2. Setting the mode
- Whenever you press the Mode/Power button, Fence
(virtual wall) mode ➝ Guard (virtual door) mode ➝
Power off is selected in this sequence.
3. Setting the Fence length
- Set the distance to restrict the access of robotic
vacuum cleaner from the Smart gate using the
distance control switch.
Forming a Fence (virtual wall)
Smart gate creates an invisible barrier that the robotic
vacuum cleaner cannot cross.
E.g. in front of pots, furniture, the front door, and so on.
1. Select Fence (virtual wall) mode using the Mode/
- The mode lamp ashes red.
2. Set the fence length using the distance control
3. Install the Smart gate in front of the area you want to block access from the
robotic vacuum cleaner.
- Install the Smart gate so that the distance detection sensor can form an invisible
barrier that the robotic vacuum cleaner cannot cross.
A fence (virtual wall)
DJ68-00518A (EN-1)-0.1.indd 24 2009.11.5 11:34:5 AM