Open as PDF
Before you begin, survey your garage ares to
see whether any of the conditions below apply
to your installation.
in chain thns_on
is normal when
garage door is dosed.
One-Piece Door Without Track
hardware is required.
See page t7.
Safety Reversir_ Sensor
Based on your particular requirements, there are
several installation steps which mightcall for
materials and/or hardware not includedin the carton.
• Step 1, page 13 - Look at the wall or ceiling above
the garage door. The header bracket must be
securely fastened to structural supports.
• Step 5, page 17 - Do you have a finished ceiling in
your garage? If so, a support bracket and
additional fastening hardware (not provided) may
• Safety reversing sensor, page 21 - Depending on
garage construction, wood blocks may need to be
securely fastened to mounting locations before
sensors are installed.
• Step 10, page 22 - Alternate floor mounting of the
safety reversing sensor will require hardware that
is not provided.
• Step 11, page 25 - Generally, a one-piece door
does not require reinforcement. If your door is
lightweight, you can refer to the information
relating to sectional doors on page 24.
• Step 11, page 25 - Depending on yourdoor's
construction, you might need additional mounting
hardware for the door bracket.
• Do you have an access door in addition to the
garage door?. If not, Model 53702 Emergency
Key Release is required. See page 38.
• The gap between the bottom of the garage
door and the floor cannot exceed 1/4".
Otherwise, the safety reverse system may not
work properly. See page 30. The floor or the door
should be repaired.
Pultey Bracket Cable Trolley
One-Piece Door With Track
Cable Cable Trolley Chain
_'//.I "saor s_ig_t _ P,ele=se
You may find it helpful to refer back to this page as
you proceed with the Installation of your opener.