Open as PDF
SERVICE TECH INFORMATION
Keep this manualwith your water softener. If repairs are needed, the service technician must have the informa-
tion on the following 8 pages. For telephone assistance, call toll free, 1-800-426-9345.
BACK OF FACEPLATE
POS / TURBINEMOTOR
Genius II Water Softener
Kenmore Water Line
for Customer Assistance
ALWAYS MAKE THESE INITIAL CHECKS FIRST
1. Does the time display show the correct time of day?
- -If display is blank, check power source to the soft-
- -If time is flashing, power was off for over 24 hours.
The softener resumes normal operation but regen-
erations occur at the wrong time.
- -If an error code (Example: Err3) shows in the face-
plate display, go to AUTOMATIC ELECTRONIC
2. Plumbing bypass valve(s) must be in full service
3. The inlet and outlet pipes must connect to the softener
inlet and outlet respectively.
4. Is the transformer plugged into a “live”, grounded
wall outlet, and the power cable fastened securely?
5. The valve drain hose must be free of kinks and sharp
bends, and not elevated over 8 ft. above the floor.
REMOVE THE TOP COVER AND SALT TANK COVER
6. Is there salt in the storage tank? If you are using
potassium chloride, did you reset the timer in step 5,
7. Is the brine tubing connected? (See water flow
8. Is the brine valve float set right? (See page 24).
9. Press the #1 SELECT button 2 times to display the
hardnesssetting. Besure it is the correct setting for the
household’s water supply. (Make a hardness test of
the rawwater and compare with the hardness setting.
Also test a soft water sample to verify if a problem
exists.) Press the #1 SELECT button twice more to
return to present time in the display.
If you do not find the problem after making initial checks,
do the MANUAL INITIATED ELECTRONIC DIAGNOS-
TICS, and the MANUAL ADVANCE REGENERATION