Open as PDF
12426-4-0104 Page 3
THIS IS A HEATING APPLIANCE
DO NOT OPERATE THIS APPLIANCE WITHOUT OUTER CASING INSTALLED.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
• DO NOT put anything around the furnace that will
obstruct the ß ow of combustion and ventilation air.
• DO keep the appliance area clear and free from
combustible material, gasoline and other ß ammable
vapors and liquids.
• DO examine venting system periodically and replace
• DO make a periodic visual check of pilot and burners.
Clean and replace damaged parts.
• DO NOT use this heater if any part has been under water.
Immediately call a qualiÞ ed service technician to inspect
the heater and to replace any part of the control system
and any gas control which has been under water.
• This furnace must not be connected to a chimney ß ue
serving a separate solid-fuel burning appliance.
• Due to high temperatures the appliance should be located
out of trafÞ c and away from furniture and draperies.
• Children and adults should be alerted to the hazards of
high surface temperatures and should stay away to avoid
burns or clothing ignition.
• Young children should be carefully supervised when they
are in the same room as the appliance.
• Clothing or other ß ammable material should not be placed
on or near the appliance.
• Any safety screen or guard removed for servicing an
appliance must be replaced prior to operating the
• Keep burner and control compartment clean.
• Installation and repair should be done by a QUALIFIED
SERVICE PERSON. The appliance should be inspected
before use and at least annually by a qualiÞ ed service
person. More frequent cleaning may be required due to
excessive lint from carpeting, bedding materials, etc. It
is imperative that control compartments, burners and
circulating air passageways of the appliance be kept