Open as PDF
Using Your Garage Door Opener
opener and hand-held remote control have been
factory-set to a matching code which changes with each use,
randomly accessing over 100 billion new codes. Your opener will
operate with up to eight Security✚
remote controls and one
Keyless Entry System. If you purchase a new remote,
or if you wish to deactivate any remote, follow the instructions in
the Programming section.
Activate your opener with any of the following:
• The hand-held Remote Control: Hold the large push button
down until the door starts to move.
• The wall-mounted Door Control: Hold the push button or bar
down until the door starts to move.
• The Keyless Entry (See Accessories): If provided with your
garage door opener, it must be programmed before use. See
When the opener is activated (with the safety reversing sensor
correctly installed and aligned)
1. If open, the door will close. If closed, it will open.
2. If closing, the door will reverse.
3. If opening, the door will stop.
4. If the door has been stopped in a partially open position, it will
5. If obstructed while closing, the door will reverse. If the
obstruction interrupts the sensor beam, the opener lights will
blink for five seconds.
6. If obstructed while opening, the door will stop.
7. If fully open, the door will not close when the beam is broken.
The sensor has no effect in the opening cycle.
If the sensor is not installed, or is misaligned, the door won't
close from a hand-held remote. However, you can close the door
with the Door Control, the Outdoor Key Switch, or Keyless Entry,
if you activate them until down travel is complete. If you release
them too soon, the door will reverse.
The opener lights
will turn on under the following conditions:
when the opener is initially plugged in; when power is restored
after interruption; when the opener is activated.
They will turn off automatically after 4-1/2 minutes or provide
constant light when the Light feature on the Motion Detecting
Control Console is activated. Bulb size is A19. Bulb power is 100
Lights will also turn on when someone
walks through the open garage door. With a Motion Detecting
Control Console , this feature may be turned off as follows: With
the opener lights off, press and hold the light button for 10
seconds, until the light goes on, then off again. To restore this
feature, start with the opener lights on, then press and hold the
light button for 10 seconds until the light goes off, then on again.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
To reduce the risk of SEVERE INJURY or DEATH:
1. READ AND FOLLOW ALL WARNINGS AND INSTRUCTIONS.
2. ALWAYS keep remote controls out of reach of children.
NEVER permit children to operate or play with garage door
control push buttons or remote controls.
3. ONLY activate garage door when it can be seen clearly, it is
properly adjusted and there are no obstructions to door
4. ALWAYS keep garage door in sight until completely closed.
NO ONE SHOULD CROSS THE PATH OF THE MOVING
5. NO ONE SHOULD GO UNDER A STOPPED, PARTIALLY
6. If possible, use emergency release handle to disengage
trolley ONLY when garage door is CLOSED. Weak or broken
springs or unbalanced door could result in an open door
falling rapidly and/or unexpectedly.
7. NEVER use emergency release handle unless garage
doorway is clear of persons and obstructions.
8. NEVER use handle to pull garage door open or closed. If
rope knot becomes untied, you could fall.
9. If one control (force or travel limits) is adjusted, the other
control may also need adjustment.
10. After ANY adjustments are made, the safety reversal
system MUST be tested.
11. Safety reversal system MUST be tested every month.
Garage door MUST reverse on contact with 1-1/2" high
(3.8 cm) object (or a 2x4 laid flat) on the floor.
12. ALWAYS KEEP GARAGE DOOR PROPERLY BALANCED
(see page 3). An improperly balanced door may not reverse
when required and could result in SEVERE INJURY or
13. ALL repairs to cables, spring assemblies and other
hardware, ALL of which are under EXTREME tension,
MUST be made by a trained door systems technician.
14. ALWAYS disconnect electric power to garage door opener
BEFORE making any repairs or removing covers.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS.