Open as PDF
To prevent possible SERIOUS INJURY or DEATH from
• Be sure power is not connected BEFORE installing door
• Connect ONLY to 24 VOLT low voltage wires.
To prevent possible SERIOUS INJURY or DEATH from a closing
• Install door control within sight of garage door, out of reach
of children at a minimum height of 5 feet (1.5 m) and away
from ALL moving parts of door.
• NEVER permit children to operate or play with door control
push buttons or remote controls.
• Activate door ONLY when it can be seen clearly, is properly
adjusted and there are no obstructions to door travel.
• ALWAYS keep garage door in sight until completely closed.
NEVER permit anyone to cross path of closing garage door.
INSTALLATION STEP 6
Install the Door Control
Locate door control within sight of door, at a minimum height of
5 feet (1.5 m) where small children cannot reach, away from
moving parts of door and door hardware. If installing into drywall,
drill 5/32" holes and use the anchors provided. For pre-wired
installations (as in new home construction), it may be mounted to
a single gang box (Figure 2).
1. Strip 7/16" (11 mm) of insulation from one end of bell wire and
connect to the two screw terminals on back of door control by
color: white wire to 2 and white/red wire to the 1.
2. Remove cover by gently prying at slot in top of the cover with
a small flat head screwdriver. Fasten with 6ABx1-1/4"
self-tapping screws (drywall installation) or 6-32x1" machine
screws (into gang box) as follows:
• Install bottom screw, allowing 1/8" (3 mm) to protrude above
• Position bottom of door control on screw head and slide
down to secure. Adjust screw for snug fit.
• Drill and install top screw with care to avoid cracking plastic
DO NOT overtighten.
• Insert top tabs and snap on cover.
3. (For standard installation only) Run bell wire up wall and
across ceiling to motor unit. Use insulated staples to secure
wire in several places. DO NOT pierce wire with a staple,
creating a short or open circuit.
4. Strip 7/16" (11 mm) of insulation from end of bell wire.
Connect bell wire to the quick-connect terminals as follows:
white to white and white/red to red.
NOTE: When connecting multiple door controls to the opener,
twist same color wires together. Insert wires into
quick-connect holes: white to white and red/white to red.
5. Position the antenna wire as shown.
6. Use tacks or staples to permanently attach entrapment warning
label to wall near door control, and manual release/safety
reverse test label in a prominent location on inside of garage
NOTE: DO NOT connect power and operate opener at this time.
The trolley will travel to the full open position but will not return
to the close position until the sensor beam is connected and
Outside Keylock Accessory Connections
To opener quick-connect terminals: white to white; white/red to
REMOVE & REPLACE COVER
Bell Wire in
7/16" (11 mm)
To release or insert wire,
push in tab with
Strip wire 7/16"
HARDWARE SHOWN ACTUAL SIZE