Open as PDF
ASSEMBLY STEP 5
Set the Tension
• Insert a screwdriver tip into one of the nut ring slots and brace
it firmly against the trolley.
• Place a 7/16" open end wrench on the square end. Rotate the
nut about 1/4 turn until the spring releases and snaps the nut
ring against the trolley.
This sets the spring to optimum belt tension.
You have now finished assembling your garage door opener.
Please read the following warnings before proceeding to the
IMPORTANT INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
To reduce the risk of SEVERE INJURY or DEATH:
1. READ AND FOLLOW ALL INSTALLATION WARNINGS AND
2. Install garage door opener ONLY on properly balanced and
lubricated garage door. An improperly balanced door may not
reverse when required and could result in SEVERE INJURY or
3. ALL repairs to cables, spring assemblies and other hardware
MUST be made by a trained door systems technician BEFORE
4. Disable ALL locks and remove ALL ropes connected to
garage door BEFORE installing opener to avoid entanglement.
5. Install garage door opener 7 feet (2.13 m) or more above
6. Mount emergency release handle 6 feet (1.83 m) above floor.
7. NEVER connect garage door opener to power source until
instructed to do so.
8. NEVER wear watches, rings or loose clothing while
installing or servicing opener. They could be caught in
garage door or opener mechanisms.
9. Install wall-mounted garage door control:
• within sight of the garage door.
• out of reach of children at minimum height of 5 feet
• away from ALL moving parts of the door.
10. Place entrapment warning label on wall next to garage door
11. Place manual release/safety reverse test label in plain view
on inside of garage door.
12. Upon completion of installation, test safety reversal system.
Door MUST reverse on contact with a 1-1/2" (3.8 cm) high
object (or a 2x4 laid flat) on the floor.
BEFORE AFTER RELEASE
Nut Ring Slot