Open as PDF
SECTION 1 WATER SOFTENER START UP
A. SAFETY GUIDES
• Read all steps, guides and rules carefully before
installing and using your new water softener. Follow
all steps exactly to correctly install. Failure to follow
them could cause personal injury or property damage.
Reading this book will also help you to get all of the
benefits from your water softener.
• Your water softener will remove hardness minerals
and "clear water" iron* from water, up to the limits
shown on page 4-1. It will not remove other types of
iron, acids, tastes and odors, etc. It will not purify pol-
luted water or make it safe to drink.
• Protect the softener and piping from freezing. Dam-
age from freezing voids the softener warranty. See
PLEASE READ AND COMPLY WITH THE FOLLOWING
GUIDES TO PREVENT DAMAGE TO THE SOFTENER
OR OTHER PROPERTY, PERSONAL INJURY, OR POS-
SIBLE FATAL SHOCK.
• THIS SOFTENER WORKS ON 24 VOLTS ONLY. BE
SURE TO USE ONLY THE TRANSFORMER INCLUDED,
AND PLUG IT INTO A NOMINAL 120V, 60 CYCLE
HOUSEHOLD OUTLET THAT IS GROUNDED AND
PROPERLY PROTECTED BY AN OVERCURRENT DE-
VICE SUCH AS A CIRCUIT BREAKER OR FUSE. IF
TRANSFORMER IS REPLACED, USE ONLY THE AU-
THORIZED SERVICE, CLASS II, 24 VOLT, 10 VA
• Unplug the transformer right away if the power
cable should become damaged or frayed. Make re-
pairs, or replace transformer, before plugging back
into the power outlet.
• Always unplug the softener from electrical power
before removing outer valve covers.
• This system is not intended to be used for treating
water that is microbiologically unsafe or of unknown
quality without adequate disinfection before or after
* The capacity to reduce clear water iron is substantiated
by WQA test data.
Problems, Questions? Call 1- 800- 426- 9345 Kenmore Water Line