Open as PDF
The following warnings are for the setup, use, grounding, maintenance, and repair of this equip-
ment. The exclamation point symbol alerts you to a general warning and the hazard symbol refers
to procedure-specific risk. Refer back to these warnings. Additional, product-specific warnings
may be found throughout the body of this manual where applicable.
TOXIC FLUID OR FUMES HAZARD
Toxic fluids or fumes can cause serious injury or death if splashed in the eyes or on
skin, inhaled, or swallowed.
• Read MSDS’s to know the specific hazards of the fluids you are using.
• Store hazardous fluid in approved containers, and dispose of it according to
• Always wear impervious gloves when spraying or cleaning equipment.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
You must wear appropriate protective equipment when operating, servicing, or when
in the operating area of the equipment to help protect you from serious injury, includ-
ing eye injury, inhalation of toxic fumes, burns, and hearing loss. This equipment
includes but is not limited to:
• Protective eyewear
• Clothing and respirator as recommended by the fluid and solvent manufacturer
• Hearing protection
FIRE AND EXPLOSION HAZARD
Flammable fumes, such as solvent and paint fumes, in work area can ignite or
explode. To help prevent fire and explosion:
• Use equipment only in well ventilated area.
• Eliminate all ignition sources; such as pilot lights, cigarettes, portable electric
lamps, and plastic drop cloths (potential static arc).
• Keep work area free of debris, including solvent, rags and gasoline.
• Do not plug or unplug power cords, or turn power or light switches on or off when
flammable fumes are present.
• Ground all equipment in the work area. See Grounding instructions.
• Use only grounded hoses.
• Hold gun firmly to side of grounded pail when triggering into pail.
• If there is static sparking or you feel a shock, stop operation immediately. Do
not use equipment until you identify and correct the problem.
• Keep a working fire extinguisher in the work area.