Open as PDF
Before you start
• Have all the necessary repair parts on
• Clean all parts with a compatible solvent.
Inspect parts for wear or damage and
replace as needed.
• Flush the pump, if possible. Stop the pump
at the bottom of its stroke. Follow Pressure
Relief Procedure on page 13 before
repairing any part of the system.
• Disconnect the air and the fluid hoses and
the grounding wire. Remove the pump from
its mounting and clamp it in a vise.
• Set of socket wrenches
• Set of adjustable wrenches
• Insert Tool 24B917
Air Motor Disassembly
1. Unscrew the cylinder cap (34) from the cyl-
inder (8). To remove the spring (7), pry gen-
tly under the coils in the direction of the
helix. Inspect the spring (7) and gasket (27)
for wear or damage; replace if necessary.
2. Unscrew the cylinder (8) from the air motor
base (13) and lift the cylinder straight off
the air piston (38). Unscrew by hand or use
a chain wrench to prevent distortion of the
cylinder’s shape. See F
To reduce the risk of injury when servicing
the air motor, always remove cylinder cap
(34) from air cylinder (8) before removing air
cylinder from base (13).