Open as PDF
Maintenance and care
Check your vacuum’s rotating floor
brush and drive belt regularly for
wear or damage.
1. Turn power OFF. Unplug vacuum cord from
2. Place handle in low position and turn vacu-
um over so bottom side is facing up.
3. Using a screwdriver, remove the five screws
and lift brush cover off.
4. Grasp rotating floor brush at both ends
5. Clean strings, hair and other debris from
rotating floor brush, motor pulley and drive
6. Check drive belt for wear, cuts or stressed
7. Check air passageway for obstructions.
Remove debris from this area.
Replace drive belt
1. Turn power OFF. Unplug vacuum cord
from electrical outlet.
2. With rotating brush removed (steps 1-4
of ckecking rotating floor brush and
drive belt), grasp old drive belt and
remove from motor pulley. Discard old
3. Place new drive belt over motor pulley
and stretch other end over rotating floor
brush in the space between the bristles.
4. Place ends of rotating floor brush down
5. Turn rotating floor brush by hand in the
direction of the motor pulley. If properly
installed, drive belt will center itself on
6. Reposition brush cover and fasten 5
screws back into place.
Checking rotating floor brush and drive belt