Open as PDF
INSTALLATION LOCATION RECOMMENDATIONS
Thermostat should be mounted:
• On an interior wall, in a frequently occupied space.
• Approximately 5‘ above floor.
• At least 18” from outside wall.
• Thermostat can be mounted to a vertical junction box.
Do not mount thermostat:
• Behind doors, in corners or other dead air spaces.
• In direct sunlight, near lighting fixtures, or other
appliances that give off heat.
• On an outside or unconditioned area wall.
• In the flow of a supply register, in stairwells, or near
• On a wall with concealed pipes or ductwork.
OUTDOOR TEMPERATURE SENSOR (OPTIONAL)
Heat pump models can use the outdoor
temperature to effectively utilize the heat pump:
• When the outdoor temperature is less than the Low
Balance Point, the heat pump will be locked out and
only auxiliary heating will be used.
• When the outdoor temperature is higher than the
High Balance Point, the auxiliary heating will be
locked out and only the heat pump will be used to
Outdoor temperature sensor should be mounted:
• On side of building out of direct sunlight (north side
• Above snow line.
• At least 3’ away from exhaust vents and condensing
• Using less than 300’ of wire.
• Do not route wires along 120 VAC lines.
Outdoor temperature can be measured by attaching an 8052 sensor to the S1 and S2 terminals. The outdoor sensor
must be enabled in the installer setup menu.
61000729A 8600 Tstat Install.indd 2 10/8/10 10:32:28 AM