Open as PDF
Operating the cleaner _25
Operating the cleaner
03 OPERATING THE CLEANER
✽ Since an invisible barrier is formed
to prevent the robotic vacuum
cleaner from running against the
Smart gate, installing the Smart
gate within 30 cm of the outside
walls is recommended.
About the IrDA sensor.
● The infrared signal transmission may
not be smooth in locations exposed to
halogen lamps or in outdoor locations.
● Robotic vacuum cleaner uses 3 types of
infrared devices and a device may not
work in front of another device with a
When controlling the robotic vacuum cleaner with the remote control, the robotic
vacuum cleaner may cross the virtual fence of the Smart gate or run against an obstacle,
because the remote control signal has a higher priority than the Smart gate signal.
● When using the robotic vacuum cleaner in a small location or at a close distance,
it may malfunction due to interference of the infrared signals.
● Install the Smart gate away from the charger as auto charging may be interrupted if
the Smart gate is near the charger.
● If the fence length is set to a value longer than the required distance, the robotic
vacuum cleaner may fail to clean properly.
Set the fence length to an appropriate value using the distance control switch.
● If more than one robotic vacuum is used simultaneously, they may malfunction
due to interference of the infrared signals.
● Turn the Smart gate in another direction or set the fence length to an appropriate
value if the distance detection sensor of the Smart gate faces the charger, as it
may interrupt auto charging.
Using Guard (virtual door) mode
The Smart gate forms an invisible door that the robotic
vacuum cleaner cannot cross until current room is
complete cleaned. The Smart gate opens the invisible
door when cleaning the room is complete.
1. Select Guard (virtual door) mode using the Mode/
- The mode lamp ashes green.
2. Set the fence length using the distance control
3. Install the Smart gate at the entrance of the room
to be cleaned.
- Install the Smart gate so that the distance detection
sensor can form an invisible barrier that the robotic
vacuum cleaner cannot cross.
Distance Detection Sensor
A guard (virtual door) is formed.
[Infrared Signal Priority]
Smart gate Charger
● When not using the Smart gate, turn the power off.
(When not using the robotic for long periods of time,
separate the batteries to avoid discharging them.)
● If the Mode/Power button does not work, it indicates
that the batteries have worn out. In this case, replace
the batteries. (Specications: Type D (LR20) alkaline
● You can additionally purchase an Smart gate from
Samsung Electronics customer care Co., Ltd.
DJ68-00518A (EN-1)-0.1.indd 25 2009.11.5 11:34:15 AM