Open as PDF
INSTALLATION STEP 7
Install the Lights and Lens
INSTALL THE LIGHTS
• Install a 75 watt maximum light bulb in each socket.
The lights will turn ON and remain lit for
approximately 4-1/2 minutes when power is
connected. Then the lights will turn OFF.
• If the bulbs burn out prematurely due to vibration,
replace with a Garage Door Opener bulb.
INSTALL THE LENSES
• Slide lenses into guides. Snap bottom tabs into lens
• Reverse the procedure to remove the lenses.
INSTALLATION STEP 8
Attach the Emergency Release
Rope and Handle
• Thread one end of the rope through the hole in the
top of the red handle so "NOTICE" reads right side
up as shown. Secure with an overhand knot at
least 1" from the end of the rope to prevent
• Thread the other end of the rope through the hole
in the release arm of the outer trolley.
• Adjust rope length so the handle is 6 feet above
the floor. Secure with an overhand knot.
NOTE: If it is necessary to cut the rope, heat seal
the cut end with a match or lighter to prevent
• To prevent possible SERIOUS INJURY or DEATH from
a falling garage door:
– If possible, use emergency release handle to
disengage trolley ONLY when garage door is
CLOSED. Weak or broken springs or unbalanced
door could result in an open door falling rapidly
– NEVER use emergency release handle unless garage
doorway is clear of persons and obstructions.
• NEVER use handle to pull door open or closed. If rope
knot becomes untied, you could fall.
75 Watt (Max)