Open as PDF
ONE-PIECE DOOR WITHOUT TRACK
• With the door fully open and parallel to the floor,
measure the distance from the floor to the top of
• Using a stepladder as a support, raise the top of
the opener to this height.
• The top of the door should be level with the top of
the motor unit. Do not position the opener more
than 2" above this point.
INSTALLATION STEP 4
Position the Opener
Follow instructions which apply to your door type as
SECTIONAL DOOR OR ONE-PIECE DOOR WITH
A 2x4 laid flat is convenient for setting an ideal door-
• Raise the opener onto a stepladder. You will need
help at this point if the ladder is not tall enough.
• Open the door all the way and place a 2x4 laid flat
on the top section beneath the rail.
• If the top section or panel hits the trolley when you
raise the door, pull down on the trolley release arm
to disconnect inner and outer sections. Slide the
outer trolley toward the motor unit. The trolley can
remain disconnected until Installation Step 12
Top of Opener
Top of Door
To prevent damage to garage door, rest garage door
opener rail on 2x4 placed on top section of door.