Open as PDF
You can attach the header bracket either to the wall
above the garage door, or to the ceiling. Follow the
instructions which will work best for your particular
Fastening the Header Bracket to the Wall
• Center the bracket on the vertical guideline with the
bottom edge of the bracket on the horizontal line as
shown (with the arrow pointing toward the ceiling).
• Mark either set of bracket holes (do not use the holes
designated for ceiling mount). Drill 3/16" pilot holes
and fasten the bracket securely to a structural support
with the hardware provided.
• Extend the vertical guideline onto the ceiling as shown.
• Center the bracket on the vertical mark, no more than 6"
from the wall. Make sure the arrow is pointing toward
the wall. The bracket can be mounted flush against the
ceiling when clearance is minimal.
• Mark holes designated for ceiling mount only. Drill
3/16" pilot holes and fasten bracket securely to a
structural support with the hardware provided.
Fastening the Header Bracket to the Ceiling
Installation Step 2
Install the Header Bracket
Hardware Shown Actual Size