Open as PDF
Major Appliance Warranty
Your appliance is covered by a full one-year warranty and a limited 2-5 year warranty(sealed system). For one year from your
original date of purchase, Electrolux will pay all costs for repairing or replacing any parts of this appliance that prove to be
defective in materials or workmanship when such appliance is installed, used and maintained in accordance with the provided
instructions. From the second to the fifth year from your original purchase date, Electrolux will repair or replace any parts in the
Sealed Refrigeration System (compressor, condenser, evaporator and tubing) proves to be defective in materials or workmanship.
The consumer will be responsible for diagnostic costs and any removal, transportation and reinstallation costs which are required
because of service, costs for labor, parts and transportation other than with respect to the Sealed Refrigeration System.
1. Products with original serial numbers that have been removed, altered or cannot be readily determined.
This warranty does not cover the following:
2. Product that has been transferred from its original owner to another party or removed outside the USA or
3. Rust on the interior or exterior of the unit.
4. Products purchased "as-is" are not covered by this warranty.
5. Food loss due to any refrigerator or freezer failures.
6. Products used in a commercial setting.
7. Service calls which do not involve malfunction or defects in materials or workmanship, or for appliances not
in ordinary household use or used other than in accordance with the provided instructions.
8. Service calls to correct the installation of your appliance or to instruct you how to use your appliance.
9. Expenses for making the appliance accessible for servicing, such as removal of trim, cupboards, shelves,
etc., which are not a part of the appliance when it is shipped from the factory.
10. Service calls to repair or replace appliance light bulbs, air filters, water filters, other consumables, or knobs,
handles, or other cosmetic parts.
11. Surcharges including, but not limited to, any after hour, weekend, or holiday service calls, tolls, ferry trip
charges, or mileage expense for service calls to remote areas, including the state of Alaska.
12. Damages to the finish of appliance or home incurred during installation, including but not limited to floors,
cabinets, walls, etc.
13. Damages caused by: services performed by unauthorized service companies; use of parts other than
genuine Electrolux parts or parts obtained from persons other than authorized service companies; or external
causes such as abuse, misuse, inadequate power supply, accidents, fires, or acts of God.
DISCLAIMER OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES; LIMITATION OF REMEDIES
CUSTOMER'S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL BE PRODUCT REPAIR OR
REPLACEMENT AS PROVIDED HEREIN. CLAIMS BASED ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF
MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED TO ONE YEAR OR THE SHORTEST
PERIOD ALLOWED BY LAW, BUT NOT LESS THAN ONE YEAR. ELECTROLUX SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR
CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES SUCH AS PROPERTY DAMAGE AND INCIDENTAL EXPENSES
RESULTING FROM ANY BREACH OF THIS WRITTEN LIMITED WARRANTY OR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY. SOME
STATES AND PROVINCES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSE-
QUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR LIMITATIONS ON THE DURATION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THESE LIMITATIONS
OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WRITTEN WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS.
YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
If You Need
Keep your receipt, delivery slip, or some other appropriate payment record to establish the warranty period
should service be required. If service is performed, it is in your best interest to obtain and keep all receipts.
Service under this warranty must be obtained by contacting Electrolux at the addresses or phone
This warranty only applies in the USA and Canada. In the USA, your appliance is warranted by Electrolux Major Appliances North
America, a division of Electrolux Home Products, Inc. In Canada, your appliance is warranted by Electrolux Canada Corp.
Electrolux authorizes no person to change or add to any obligations under this warranty. Obligations for service and parts under
this warranty must be performed by Electrolux or an authorized service company. Product features or specifications as described
or illustrated are subject to change without notice.
Electrolux Major Appliances
P.O. Box 212378
Augusta, GA 30907
Electrolux Canada Corp.
5855 Terry Fox Way
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
2009 Electrolux Home Products, Inc. All rights reserved.