Open as PDF
INSTALLATION STEP 7
Install the Light and Lens
INSTALL THE LIGHT
• Install a 75 watt maximum light bulb in the socket.
The light will turn ON and remain lit for
approximately 4-1/2 minutes when power is
connected. Then the light will turn OFF.
• Use standard neck Garage Door Opener bulbs for
INSTALL THE LENS
(All models except 1240R)
• Locate and loosen (approximately 1/8" (3 mm)) the
two screws near top of opener front panel.
• Position lens against panel with slotted tabs
directly below screws. Slide lens up to seat tabs
• Snap bottom tabs of lens into panel slots.
• Retighten top panel screws to secure lens.
INSTALLATION STEP 8
Attach the Emergency Release
Rope and Handle
• Thread one end of the rope through the hole in the
top of the red handle so "NOTICE" reads right side
up as shown. Secure with an overhand knot at
least 1" (2.5 mm) from the end of the rope to
• Thread the other end of the rope through the hole
in the release arm of the outer trolley.
• Adjust rope length so the handle is 6 feet (1.83 m)
above the floor. Secure with an overhand knot.
NOTE: If it is necessary to cut the rope, heat seal
the cut end with a match or lighter to prevent
To prevent possible SERIOUS INJURY or DEATH from a
falling garage door:
• If possible, use emergency release handle to disengage
trolley ONLY when garage door is CLOSED. Weak or
broken springs or unbalanced door could result in an
open door falling rapidly and/or unexpectedly.
• NEVER use emergency release handle unless garage
doorway is clear of persons and obstructions.
• NEVER use handle to pull door open or closed. If rope
knot becomes untied, you could fall.
75 Watt Max.