Open as PDF
Obtain standard emergency release kit and remove
S-hook from the cable end that attaches to the
1. Attach the emergency release cable loop end to
the opener carriage as shown (FIG 6-4).
Properly connecting the release cable to the
carriage fitting will enable the correct carriage
release action for the opener.
FIG. 6-4 Emergency release cable to carriage.
FIG. 6-3 Engage/Disengage Carriage Lock.
The Carriage Lock can be manually engaged or
• To disengage Carriage Lock
– Pull handle towards opener power head.
• To engage Carriage Lock
– Pull handle towards door.
Improper connection of the emergency release cable
to the opener carriage will result in a failure of the
2. Follow the remaining installation instructions for
the standard emergency release kit.
3. Test for correct operation of emergency release kit.
Keyed Emergency Release Operation Instructions
• Place key in slot.
• Rotate and hold key while lifting garage door 1 to
• Release key and continue opening garage door.
NOTE: The next normal operation of the opener or
fully closing garage door manually will re-engage
the emergency release mechanism.
KEYED EMERGENCY RELEASE