To prevent electrical shock and/or equipment dam-
age, disconnect electric power to system, at main fuse
or circuit breaker box, until installation is complete.
Do not use on circuits exceeding specified voltage.
Higher voltage will damage control and could cause
shock or fire hazard.
Do not short out terminals on gas valve or primary
control to test. Short or incorrect wiring will damage
thermostat and could cause personal injury and/or
Printed in U.S.A.
FAILURE TO READ AND FOLLOW ALL INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY
BEFORE INSTALLING OR OPERATING THIS CONTROL COULD CAUSE
PERSONAL INJURY AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE.
EMERSON ELECTRIC CO.
9797 REAVIS ROAD
ST. LOUIS, MISSOURI 63123-5398
Non-Programmable Electronic Digital Thermostat
This thermostat is intended for use with a low voltage system; do
not use this thermostat with a line voltage system. If in doubt
about whether your wiring is millivolt, line, or low voltage, have
it inspected by a qualified heating and air conditioning contractor
Do not exceed the specification ratings.
All wiring must conform to local and national electrical codes and
This control is a precision instrument, and should be handled
carefully. Rough handling or distorting components could cause
the control to malfunction.
8 to 30 VAC 50/60 Hz. or D.C.
0.05 to 1.5 Amps (Load per terminal)
1.5 Amps Maximum Total Load (All terminals combined)
Setpoint Temperature Range:
45°F to 90°F (7°C to 32°C)
Operating Ambient Temperature Range:
32°F to 105°F
Operating Humidity Range:
0 to 90% RH (non-condensing)
Shipping Temperature Range:
-40°F to 150°F
For use with:
• Standard heat/cool or heat only systems
• Electric heat systems
• Gas or oil fired systems
• Gas systems with intermittent ignition devices (I.I.D.) and/
or vent dampers
• Single-stage heat pump systems
• Millivolt systems
DO NOT USE WITH:
• Multi-stage systems
• Systems exceeding 30 VAC and 1.5 amps
• 3-wire zoned hydronic heating systems
PART NO. 37-5410C
Operator: Save these instructions for future use!
Your new White-Rodgers Digital Thermostat uses the technol-
ogy of a solid-state microcomputer to provide precise tempera-
• Battery powered (3 “AA” Energizer
alkaline batteries in-
• Simultaneous heat and cool temperature storage
• LCD continuously displays set point and room temperature
• °F/°C convertibility
• Temperature range 45° to 90°F
• Standard five terminals for single or two-transformer sys-
• B and O terminals for single stage heat pumps or damper