Open as PDF
To prevent electrical shock and/or equipment damage,
disconnect electric power to system at main fuse or
circuit breaker box until installation is complete.
Do not use on circuits exceeding specified voltage.
Higher voltage will damage control and could cause
shock or fire hazard.
Do not short out terminals on gas valve or primary
control to test. Short or incorrect wiring will damage
thermostat and could cause personal injury and/or
FAILURE TO READ AND FOLLOW ALL INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY
BEFORE INSTALLING OR OPERATING THIS CONTROL COULD CAUSE
PERSONAL INJURY AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE.
Your new White-Rodgers 5-Day/2-Day Digital Thermostat uses
the technology of a solid-state microcomputer to provide pre-
cise time/temperature control. This thermostat offers you the
flexibility to design heating and cooling programs that fit your
• Battery powered (3 “AA” Energizer
alkaline batteries in-
• Separate 5-day (weekday) and 2-day (weekend) programming
• Simultaneous heat and cool program storage
• Preprogrammed temperature control
• Four separate time/temperature settings per 24-hour period
• LCD continuously displays set point, and alternately dis-
plays time and room temperature
• Temperature override until next program period
• Manual program override (HOLD temperature)
• User may select either 12- or 24-hour clock display
• °F/°C convertibility
• Temperature range 45° to 90°F
• Standard five terminals for single or two-transformer sys-
• B and O terminals for single stage heat pumps or damper
8 to 30 VAC 50/60 Hz. or D.C.
0.05 to 1.5 Amps (Load per terminal)
1.5 Amps Maximum Total Load (All terminals combined)
Setpoint Temperature Range:
45°F to 90°F (7°C to 32°C)
Operating Ambient Temperature Range:
32°F to 105°F
Operating Humidity Range:
0 to 90% RH (non-condensing)
Shipping Temperature Range:
-40°F to 150°F
For use with:
• Standard heat/cool or heat only systems
• Electric heat systems
• Gas or oil fired systems
• Gas systems with intermittent ignition devices (I.I.D.)
and/or vent dampers
• Hydronic (hot water or steam) systems
• Single-stage heat pump systems
• Millivolt systems
DO NOT USE WITH:
• Multi-stage systems
• Systems exceeding 30 VAC and 1.5 amps
• 3-wire zoned hydronic heating systems
Programmable Electronic Digital Thermostat
Printed in U.S.A.
PART NO. 37-5285E
EMERSON ELECTRIC CO.
9797 REAVIS ROAD
ST. LOUIS, MISSOURI 63123-5398
This thermostat is intended for use with a low voltage system;
do not use this thermostat with a line voltage system. If in doubt
about whether your wiring is millivolt, line, or low voltage, have
it inspected by a qualified heating and air conditioning contrac-
tor or electrician.
Do not exceed the specification ratings.
All wiring must conform to local and national electrical codes
This control is a precision instrument, and should be handled
carefully. Rough handling or distorting components could cause
the control to malfunction.
Operator: Save these instructions for future use!