Special offers from our partners!
Click here to find your replacement light bulbs at Bulbamerica.com
Open as PDF
CERAMIC UTILITY HEATER
Model HZ-510 Series
The Honeywell trademark is used by Kaz, Inc. under license from Honeywell Intellectual Properties, Inc.
When using electrical appliances, basic
precautions should always be followed to
reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, and
injury to persons, including the following:
1. Read all instructions before using this heater.
2. This heater is hot when in use. To avoid burns, do
not let bare skin touch hot surfaces. If, provided, use
handle when moving this heater. Keep combustible
materials, such as furniture, pillows, bedding,
papers, clothes, and curtains at least 3 feet (0.9 m)
from the front of the heater and keep them away
from the sides and rear.
3. Extreme caution is necessary when any heater is
used by or near children or invalids and whenever
the heater is left operating and unattended.
4. Always unplug heater when not in use.
5. Do not operate any heater with a damaged cord or
plug or after the heater malfunctions, has been
dropped or damaged in any manner. Return heater
to authorized service facility for examination,
electrical or mechanical adjustment, or repair.
6. Do not use outdoors.
7. This heater is not intended for use in bathrooms,
laundry areas and similar indoor locations. Never
locate heater where it may fall into a bathtub or
other water container.
8. Do not run cord under carpeting. Do not cover cord
with throw rugs, runners, or the like. Arrange cord
away from traffic area where it will not be tripped
9. Connect to properly grounded outlets only. This
heater is for use on 120 volts. This appliance has a
grounded plug as shown in Fig. 1. An adapter is
available at retail (not included) for connecting three-
blade grounding-type plugs to two-slot receptacles.
The green grounding lug extending from the adapter
must be connected to a permanent ground such as a
properly grounded outlet box. The adapter should
not be used if a three-slot grounded receptacle is
10. This heater draws 12.5 amps during operation.
To prevent overloading a circuit, do not plug the
heater into a circuit that already has other
11. It is normal for the plug to feel warm to the touch;
however, a loose fit between the AC outlet
(receptacle) and plug may cause overheating and
distortion of the plug. Contact a qualified electrician
to replace loose or worn outlet.
12. To disconnect the heater, first turn off the product,
then grip the plug and pull it from the wall outlet.
Never pull by the cord.
13. Do not insert or allow foreign objects to enter any
ventilation or exhaust opening as this may cause an
electric shock or fire, or damage the heater.
14. To prevent a possible fire, do not block air intakes or
exhaust in any manner. Do not use on soft surfaces,
like a bed, where openings may become blocked.
15. A heater has hot and arcing or sparking parts inside.
Do not use it in the areas where gasoline, paint, or
flammable liquids are used or stored.
16. Use this heater only as described in this manual.
Any other use not recommended by the
manufacturer may cause fire, electric shock,
or injury to persons.
17. Avoid the use of an extension cord because the
extension cord may overheat and cause a risk of fire.
However, if you have to use an extension cord, the
cord shall be No. 14 AWG minimum size and rated
not less than 1875 watts. The extension cord shall
be a three wire cord with a grounding-type cord and
18. The output of this heater may vary and its
temperature may become intense enough to burn
exposed skin. Use of this heater is not
recommended for persons with reduced sensitivity to
heat or an inability to react to avoid burns.
HZ-510_OM_Rev1.qxd 6/22/06 10:59 AM Page 1