Special offers from our partners!
Click here to find your replacement light bulbs at Bulbamerica.com
Open as PDF
COOL MOISTURE HUMIDIFIERS
READ AND SAVE THESE SAFETY
INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING THIS
When using electrical appliances, basic
precautions should always be followed to
reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, and
injury to persons, including the following:
1. Always place this humidifier on a firm, flat
and level surface. This humidifier may not
work properly on an uneven surface.
2. Place this humidifier in an area where it is not
accessible to children.
3. Do not place the humidifier near any heat
sources such as stoves, radiators, and
4. Do not use the humidifier outdoors.
5. Before using the humidifier, check the power
cord for any signs of damage. If the cord is
found to be damaged, DO NOT USE and
return the humidifier to the manufacturer
under the warranty agreement for repair.
6. This appliance has a polarized plug (one
blade is wider than the other). To reduce the
risk of shock, this plug is intended to fit only
one way in a polarized outlet. If the plug does
not fit securely in the outlet, reverse the plug.
If it still does not fit, contact a qualified
electrician. DO NOT attempt to defeat this
7. To disconnect the humidifier, first turn
controls to the OFF position, then grip the
plug and pull it from the wall outlet. Never
pull by the cord.
8. A loose fit between the AC outlet (receptacle)
and plug may cause overheating and a
distortion of the plug. Contact a qualified
electrician to replace loose or worn outlet.
9. The humidifier should always be unplugged
and emptied when not in operation or while
being serviced or cleaned.
10. Never tilt or attempt to move the humidifier
while it is operating or filled with water.
UNPLUG the humidifier before moving.
11. This humidifier requires regular cleaning.
Refer to the CLEANING instructions provided.
Never clean the humidifier in any manner
other than as instructed in this manual.
12. Do not direct moisture flow directly at
individuals, walls or furniture.
13. When a humidifier is used in a closed room or
small rooms, check periodically for proper
ventilation, as excessive humidity can cause
condensation stains on walls.
14. Turn the humidifier OFF if you notice moisture
on the inside of your windows. For proper
humidity reading use a hygrometer, which is
available in many hardware and department
stores, or by ordering one from the
The sealed UV bulbs contain a small
amount of mercury. Dispose of these items
at household hazardous waste collection
sites only. If the UV bulb breaks, do not
vacuum or handle with your bare hands.
The Honeywell trademark is used by Kaz, Inc. under license from Honeywell Intellectual Properties, Inc.
HCM-300T_HCM-310T_OM.qxd 5/22/06 5:56 PM Page 1