Open as PDF
Dimplex DuoHeat Radiator
Models: Duo300i, Duo400i and Duo500i
85601 Issue 5
Models Specification Rated Charge
300i 1.3kW / 0.28kW 9.1kWh
400i 1.95kW / 0.34kW 13.65kWh
500i 2.6kW / 0.39kW 18.2kWh
THESE INSTRUCTIONS SHOULD BE READ CAREFULLY AND RETAINED FOR FUTURE REFERENCE
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
WARNING - THE SURFACE OF THIS RADIATOR CAN BE HOT.
The surface temperatures of this radiator are within the requirements of EN60-335 the European Standard covering the safety
requirements of electric heating appliances, and momentary contact with any part of the radiator should not cause injury.
However, in order to be effective, radiators of any type do get hot, especially around the air outlet grille.
Therefore, if aged or infirm persons, or young children, are likely to be left unsupervised in the vicinity of a radiator
precautions should be taken to ensure that prolonged contact with the radiator cannot occur. We recommend that a
guard is fitted around the radiator, as is normal with some types of heating appliances in similar circumstances. If you require
further information on these guards, please contact Dimplex Customer Services on 0870 7270 101.
• WARNING - IN ORDER TO AVOID OVERHEATING, DO NOT COVER THE SURFACES OF THE RADIATOR AND DO
NOT OBSTRUCT AIR OUTLET GRILLES Surfaces of the radiator should not be covered or obstructed as this can cause
excessive temperatures that can be hazardous and may cause safety cut-outs to operate. For example, do not put clothes,
fabrics or any combustible materials on the radiator or allow curtains to come within 75mm (3”) of the top and ends of the
radiator. Do not allow furniture to be pushed up against the radiator, a minimum clearance of 150mm is critical for safety,
however to ensure radiator performance is not affected a clearance of 250mm is recommended.
DO NOT PLACE OBJECTS IN CONTACT WITH THE RADIATOR
• WARNING – The radiator must not be located below a socket outlet.
• PLEASE NOTE: THIS RADIATOR IS HEAVY AND MUST BE SECURELY FIXED TO A SOUND WALL. No attempt
should be made to move the radiator without first seeking specialist advice. If you are not happy that the radiator has
been securely fixed, please inform your installer.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU ATTEMPT TO MOVE THE RADIATOR OR LOOSEN WALL FIXINGS
WITHOUT FIRST REMOVING ALL ENERGY RETENTION CELLS FROM THE RADIATOR.
• DO NOT SIT OR STAND ON THE RADIATOR.
• DO NOT SPILL LIQUIDS ONTO THE APPLIANCE. IF YOU DO, SWITCH THE RADIATOR OFF AND GET A QUALIFIED
ELECTRICIAN TO CHECK IT.
• DO NOT POKE OBJECTS THROUGH THE GRILLE.
• DO NOT PLACE OBJECTS IN THE SPACE BEHIND THE RADIATOR.
• DO NOT USE POLISHES ON THE RADIATOR OR ON FURNITURE NEAR TO IT. The hot interior of the radiator can
produce paraffin smells from polish vapours which may last for a number of hours.
• In case of breakdown or other failure, switch off the radiator at both wall switches and contact your supplier or Dimplex Customer
Services. Always ensure that the radiator is switched off at the wall and fuse is removed before any repair is carried out.
• IMPORTANT - Due to the newness of the materials the radiator will produce a slight smell for the first few days of operation.
ROOMS MUST BE WELL VENTILATED AND YOUNG CHILDREN, CAGED BIRDS OR PERSONS WITH RESPIRATORY
COMPLAINTS MUST NOT REMAIN IN CLOSE PROXIMITY TO THE RADIATOR DURING THE FIRST 48 HOURS OF
THE COMMISSIONING PERIOD. Running the radiator at maximum temperature for the first few days will help to dispel
any smells more quickly.
Wall, Curtains or Furniture
Shelf or Overhang
Radiator Positioning A minimum clearance of 150mm to the
front of the radiator is essential for safety, however to enable the
radiator to attain its maximum performance ensure that any
furniture or other obstruction is not placed closer than 250mm.
Duo300i 712mm 600mm 130mm +10mm
Duo400i 712mm 830mm 130mm +10mm
Duo500i 712mm 1060mm 130mm +10mm