Open as PDF
FLOOR MOUNT (RIGHT SIDE)
WALL MOUNT (RIGHT SIDE)
DOOR TRACK MOUNT (RIGHT SIDE)
INSTALLING THE BRACKETS
Be sure power to the opener is disconnected.
Install and align the brackets so the sensors will face
each other across the garage door, with the beam no
higher than 6" above the floor. They may be installed
in one of three ways, as follows.
Garage door track installation (preferred):
• Slip the curved arms over the rounded edge of
each door track, with the curved arms facing the
door. Snap into place against the side of the track.
It should lie flush, with the lip hugging the back
edge of the track, as shown in Figure 1.
If your door track will not support the bracket
securely, wall installation is recommended.
• Place the bracket against the wall with curved arms
facing the door. Be sure there is enough clearance
for the sensor beam to be unobstructed.
• If additional depth is needed, an extension bracket
(see Accessories) or wood blocks can be used.
• Use bracket mounting holes as a template to locate
and drill (2) 3/16" diameter pilot holes on the wall at
each side of the door, no higher than 6" above the
• Attach brackets to wall with lag screws
• If using extension brackets or wood blocks, adjust
right and left assemblies to the same distance out
from the mounting surface. Make sure all door
hardware obstructions are cleared.
• Use wood blocks or extension brackets (see
Accessories) to elevate sensor brackets so the
lenses will be no higher than 6" above the floor.
• Carefully measure and place right and left
assemblies at the same distance out from the wall.
Be sure all door hardware obstructions are cleared.
• Fasten to the floor with concrete anchors as shown.
HARDWARE SHOWN ACTUAL SIZE