Open as PDF
Control your Satellite Receiver, DVD Player,
Personal Video Recorder, Cable Converter Box,
VCR, CD Player and Stereo Receiver
FROM ANYWHERE... EVEN THROUGH WALLS!
1. Make sure both units are plugged into a standard electrical outlet.
2. If the LED light inside the Extension Unit does not illuminate when the Remote
Control is operated:
• Make sure you are pointing at the front of the Extension Unit (the Leapfrog logo
is on the front).
• Make sure you are within 18 feet of the front of the Extension Unit (depending
on the range of your individual remote control, it may be necessary to move closer
to the Extension Unit).
• Make sure nothing is blocking the path between the remote and the Extension Unit.
3. If your component does not respond when a remote control is used, but the LED on
the Base Unit is lit:
• Make sure the Base Unit is within 20 feet of your component equipment
• Make sure the Leapfrog logo on your Base Unit is pointing at the front of
• Make sure there is a clear path between the Base Unit and your component.
4. If the LED light on the Extension Unit lights when you operate the remote, but the
LED on the Base Unit does not:
• Extend the antenna all the way up or move the antenna to a different position
for better reception.
• Make sure the Extension Unit is no more than 100 feet from the Base Unit.
5. Move the Unit that appears not to be working to another location and try it again.
6. Attach the Infrared Extender to the Base Unit for situations where there is an
obstruction (TV Cabinet, etc.) between the Base Unit and the component
Notice: Any change or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible
for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate this equipment.
We recommend the following steps to correct signal transmission problems:
• Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
• Increase the separation between the equipment and the Base Unit.
• If the Base Unit and the component that is being operated are plugged into the same
electrical outlet, plug the base unit into a different outlet.
Audiovox Corporation (Audiovox) warrants this product against defects in materials or
workmanship for one (1) year from the date of purchase. During this period, this product
will be replaced without charge. This warranty does not cover any damage due to acts of
nature, commercial use, accident, misuse, abuse or negligence. This warranty is only valid
in the USA. Replacement as provided under this warranty is the exclusive remedy of the
consumer. Audiovox shall not be liable for any incidental or consequential damages for
breach of any express or implied warranty on this product, except to the extent that
limitations of this sort are prohibited by applicable law.
THERE ARE NO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
PURCHASE EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT THAT IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR EITHER SORT ARE
REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW, AND IN SUCH CASE, EACH WARRANTY IS LIMITED IN
DURATION TO THE ONE YEAR.
STEP 3 (IF NECESSARY): Setting Up the Infrared Extender Troubleshooting:
When to Use:
• It is only necessary to use the Infrared Extender when the Base Unit cannot be easily
placed in front of the equipment. (Example: when the component and Base Unit are
located in a closed cabinet (see figure 1).
• Use when you would prefer to conceal the Base Unit in a cabinet or behind furniture.
How to Use:
1. Plug the Infrared Extender into the back of the Base Unit (see figure 2).
2. Place the Infrared Diode (located on the opposite end of the extension cord) in clear
view of the component’s infrared sensor to enable successful signal transmission.
figure 1figure 1
TERK and the TERK logo are registered trademarks of AUDIOVOX Corp. 59P006A
For customer service and
technical information: 1.800.290.6650
For Customer Service
Visit Our Website At
Product Information, Photos,
FAQ’s, Owner’s Manuals
For customer service and