Special offers from our partners!
Click here to find your replacement light bulbs at Bulbamerica.com
Open as PDF
Do not use on circuits exceeding specified voltage.
Higher voltage will damage control and could cause
shock or fire hazard.
Do not short out terminals on gas valve or primary
control to test. Short or incorrect wiring will damage
thermostat and could cause personal injury and/or
Thermostat installation and all components of the
system shall conform to Class II circuits per the NEC
FAILURE TO READ AND FOLLOW ALL INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY
BEFORE INSTALLING OR OPERATING THIS CONTROL COULD CAUSE
PERSONAL INJURY AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE.
Your new White-Rodgers Digital Thermostat uses the technol-
ogy of a solid-state microcomputer to provide precise tempera-
• Simultaneous heat and cool setpoint storage
• Pre-set temperature control
• Backlit display
• LCD continuously displays setpoint and room temperature
• °F/°C convertibility
• Temperature range 45° to 90°F
• RC, RH, C, W, Y, G , O and B terminals
• Optional C terminal (Dual Power option)
• B and O terminals for single stage heat pumps (no auxiliary
heat) or damper operation
• Setpoint storage in case of power loss
• 2 "AA" Energizer
alkaline batteries included
8 to 30 VAC 50/60 Hz. or D.C.
0.05 to 1.0 Amps (Load per terminal)
1.5 Amps Maximum Total Load (All terminals combined)
Setpoint Temperature Range:
45°F to 90°F (7°C to 32°C)
Operating Ambient Temperature Range:
32°F to 105°F
Operating Humidity Range:
0 to 90% RH (non-condensing)
Shipping Temperature Range:
-4°F to 150°F
For use with:
• Standard heat/cool or heat only systems
• Electric heat systems
• Gas or oil fired systems
• Gas systems with intermittent ignition devices (I.I.D.)
and/or vent dampers
• Hydronic (hot water or steam) systems
• Single-stage heat pump systems (no auxiliary heat)
• Millivolt systems
DO NOT USE WITH:
• Multi-stage systems
• Systems exceeding 30 VAC and 1.5 amps
• 3-wire zoned hydronic heating systems
Non-Programmable Electronic Digital Thermostat
PART NO. 37-6585A
This thermostat is intended for use with a low voltage system; do
not use this thermostat with a line voltage system. If in doubt
about whether your wiring is millivolt, line, or low voltage, have
it inspected by a qualified heating and air conditioning contractor
Do not exceed the specification ratings.
All wiring must conform to local and national electrical codes and
This control is a precision instrument, and should be handled
carefully. Rough handling or distorting components could cause
the control to malfunction.
To prevent electrical shock and/or equipment dam-
age, disconnect electric power to system at main fuse
or circuit breaker box until installation is complete.
Operator: Save these instructions for future use!
White-Rodgers is a division
of Emerson Electric Co.