Open as PDF
Instructions for Installation (cont’d)
8. Tighten terminals 2 and 3 to ensure proper electrical con-
9. Replace the terminal cover on the thermostat making sure
that the locking tabs on the terminal cover are in place.
10. Place the insulation block and pad back in place so that it
completely covers the thermostat and element.
11. Replace the access panel.
12. Complete wiring to the water heater, or if completed,
turn “ON” electric power to the water heater after filling
the tank with water.
Converting the Lower Element
Failure to tighten terminal screws can cause a fire
which can result in DEATH, SERIOUS BODILY INJURY,
OR PROPERTY DAMAGE.
Make sure the thermostat is flush against the tank,
the terminal cover is in place, and the insulation is
replaced. Failure to do so can result in DEATH, SERI-
OUS BODILY INJURY, OR PROPERTY DAMAGE.
Never use this water heater unless it is completely
full of water. To prevent damage to the tank and
heating element, the tank must be filled with water.
Water must flow from the hot water faucet before
turning “ON” power.
7. The wire removed from terminal 2 has a looped end. It
must remain looped and now be placed (as shown) on top
of the buss bar, over the opening of terminal 2, and secured
using the remaining screw.