Open as PDF
Report No. 317-F-10-5
INSTALLATION AND OPERATION MANUAL
Do not store or use gasoline or other ﬂammable vapors or liquids in the vicinity of this or any other appliance.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU SMELL GAS
• Do not light any appliance.
• Do not touch any electrical switches; do not use any phone in your building.
• Immediately call your gas supplier from a neighbor’s phone. Follow your gas supplier's instructions.
• If your gas supplier cannot be reached, call the ﬁre department.
Installation and service must be performed by a qualiﬁed installer, service agency or the gas supplier.
WARNING: If the information in this manual is not followed exactly, a ﬁre or explosion may result causing property
damage, personal injury or loss of life.
• Hot! Do not touch! This appliance will be hot during operation and will retain heat for a while after
shutting off the appliance. Severe burns may result.
• Carefully supervise children in the same room as appliance.
• Due to high temperatures, the appliance should be located out of trafﬁc and away from furniture or
• Do not place clothing or other materials on or near this appliance.
• Improper installation, adjustment, alteration, service or maintenance can cause injury or property damage. Refer to
this manual. For assistance or additional information consult a qualiﬁed installer, service agency or the gas supplier.
• Do not build a wood ﬁre. Do not burn wood or other material in these appliances.
• This is an unvented gas log appliance. It uses air (oxygen) from the room in which it is installed. Provisions for adequate
combustion and ventilation air must be provided. Refer to Combustion and Ventilation Air Section in this manual.
• This appliance may be installed in an aftermarket, permanently located, manufactured (mobile) home, where
not prohibited by local codes.
• The appliance is only for use with the type of gas indicated on the rating plate. This appliance is not convertible
for use with other gases.
• Lennox™ vent-free appliances are designed for use as a supplemental heater. They are not intended for continuous
use as a primary heat source.
Wall-Mounted Gas Fireplace
P/N 506023-01 REV. B, 11/2008
n the Commonwealth of Massachusetts:
• Installation must be performed by a licensed plumber or gas tter
• See Table of Contents for location of additional Commonwealth of
Installer: Leave This Manual With The Appliance.
Consumer: Retain This Manual For Future Reference.
Models: X-FIRES-1000-NG and X-FIRES-1000-LP