Open as PDF
When using an electric appliance, basic precautions should always be followed,
including the following:
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING THIS VACUUM CLEANER.
To reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, or injury:
• Do not use outdoors or on wet surfaces.
• Do not leave vacuum cleaner when plugged in. Turn off the switch and unplug
the electrical cord when not in use and before servicing.
• Do not allow to be used as a toy. Close attention is necessary when used by or
• Use only as described in this manual. Use only manufacturer’s recommended
• Do not use with damaged cord or plug. If vacuum cleaner is not working as it
should, has been dropped, damaged, left outdoors, or dropped into water, return it
to a service center before using.
• Do not pull or carry by cord, use cord as a handle, close a door on cord, or pull
cord around sharp edges or corners. Do not run vacuum cleaner over cord. Keep
cord away from heated surfaces.
• Do not use extension cords or outlets with inadequate current carrying capacity.
• Turn off all controls before unplugging.
• Do not unplug by pulling on cord. To unplug, grasp the plug, not the cord.
• Do not handle plug or vacuum cleaner with wet hands or operate without shoes.
• Do not put any object into openings. Do not use with any opening blocked; keep
free of dust, lint, hair, and anything that may reduce airflow.
• This vacuum cleaner creates suction. Keep hair, loose clothing, fingers, and all
parts of body away from openings and moving parts.
• Do not pick up anything that is burning or smoking, such as cigarettes, matches,
or hot ashes.
• Do not use without dust bag or filter(s) in place.
• Use extra care when cleaning on stairs.
• Do not pick up flammable or combustible liquids such as gasoline, or use in areas
where they may be present.
• Store your cleaner indoors in a cool, dry area.
• Keep your work area well lighted.
• Unplug electrical appliances before vacuuming them.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS