Open as PDF
12428-3-0706 Page 2
Always consult your local Building Department regarding regu-
lations or ordinances which apply to the installation of a vented
Instructions to Installer
1. Installer must leave instruction manual with owner after instal
2. Installer must have owner ﬁll out and mail warranty card
supplied with furnace.
3. Installer should show owner how to start and operate furnace
This series is design certiﬁed in accordance with American National
Standard/CSA Standard Z21.86 and CSA 2.32 by the Canadian
Standards Association, as a Fan Type Vented Wall Furnace and
must be installed according to these instructions.
Any alteration of the original design, installed other than as
shown in these instructions or use with a type of gas not shown
on the rating plate is the responsibility of the person and com
pany making the change.
All correspondence should refer to complete Model No., Serial
No. and type of gas.
Any change to this furnace or its control can be dangerous.
This is a heating appliance and any panel, door or guard
removed for servicing an appliance must be replaced prior
to operating the appliance.
Notice: During initial ﬁring of this unit, its paint will bake out and
smoke will occur. To prevent triggering of smoke alarms, ventilate
the room in which the unit is installed.
Installation on Rugs and Tile
If this appliance is installed directly on carpeting, tile or other
combustible material other than wood ﬂooring, the appliance shall
be installed on a metal or wood panel extending the full width and
depth of the appliance.
The bas referred to above does not mean the ﬁre-proof base as used
on wood stoves. The protection is for rugs that are extremely thick
and light colored tile.
Installation in Residential Garages
Gas utilization equipment in residential garages shall be installed
so that all burners and burner ignition devices are located not less
than 18” (457mm) above the ﬂoor.
Such equipment shall be located, or protected, so it is not subject
to physical damage by a moving vehicle.
Input BTU/HR (KW/H) 55,000 (16.1)
Height 82 3/8” (209.2cm)
Width 16” (406mm)
Depth 11 1/2” (292mm)
Gas Inlet 1/2” (13mm) Pipe
Vent Collar 4” 102mm) Type B Oval
Accessories See Page 12
THIS IS A HEATING APPLIANCE
DO NOT OPERATE THIS APPLIANCE WITHOUT FRONT PANELS INSTALLED.
• Due to high temperatures, the appliance should be located
out of trafﬁc and away from furniture and draperies.
• Children and adults should be alerted to the hazards of
high surface temperatures and should stay away to avoid
burns or clothing ignition.
• Young children should be carefully supervised when they
are in the same room as the appliance.
• Clothing or other ﬂammable material should not be placed
on or near the appliance.
• Any safety screen or guard removed for servicing an appli
ance must be replaced prior to operating the appliance.
• Keep burner and control compartment clean.
• Installation and repair should be done by a QUALIFIED
SERVICE PERSON. The appliance should be inspected
before use and at least annually by a qualiﬁed service person.
More frequent cleaning may be required due to excessive
lint from carpeting, bedding materials, etc. It is impera
tive that control compartments, burners and circulating
air passageways of the appliance be kept clean.
• Do NOT put anything around the furnace that will obstruct
the ﬂow of combustion and ventilation air.
• DO keep the appliance area clear and free from combus
tible material, gasoline and other ﬂammable vapors and
• DO examine venting system periodically and replace dam-
• DO make a periodic visual check of pilot and burners.
Clean and replace damaged parts.
• CAUTION: Pilot hole cover must be kept tightly closed
• DO NOT use this heater if any part has been under water.
Immediately call a qualiﬁed service technician to inspect
the heater and to replace any part of the control system
and any gas control which has been under water.
• This furnace must not be connected to a chimney ﬂue serv
ing a separate soid-fuel burning appliance.