Open as PDF
Catalog #8850, 8851, 8852, 8853, 8854, 8860,
8861, 8862, 8863, 8864, 88502, 88512
©2006 Edelbrock Corporation
Brochure #63-0305, Rev. 2/06 - RS/mc1
VICTOR SERIES ALUMINUM WATER PUMPS
for Big-block Chevrolet V8 (396-402-427-454-502)
Catalog #8850, #8851, #8852, #8853 & #8854 (Unpolished)
Catalog #8860, #8861, #8862, #8863 & #8864 (Polished)
Catalog #88502, 88512 (Permastar)
PLEASE study these instructions carefully before installing your new Edelbrock water pump. Failure to follow instruction will void warranty and may
cause damage to parts and/or personal injury. If you have any questions or problems, please call our Technical Hotline at: 1-800-416-8628
7:00 am – 5:00 pm, Pacific Standard Time, Monday through Friday or e-mail us at Edelbrock@Edelbrock.com.
The Edelbrock aluminum water pump is a heavy duty water pump for both street and racing applications. The pump is externally the same as
original equipment pumps to provide compatibility with all accessories and pulleys. It offers weight savings along with increased durability and
• #8850/#88502/#8860 is a short leg pump for 1965-68 passenger cars and 1967-72 light duty trucks, and 1969-70 Corvettes.
• #8851/#88512/#8861 is a long leg design for 1969 & later passenger cars and 1973-86 light duty trucks with big-block Chevrolet V8s (will not fit
Corvette or heavy duty trucks over 1-ton).
• #8852/#8862 is a short leg design for 1971-74 Corvettes with big-block V8s.
• #8853/#8863 is a reverse rotation, long leg design for 1988-94 light duty trucks with big-block Chevrolet V8s (will not fit heavy duty trucks over
• #8854/#8864 is a reverse rotation, short leg pump for 1965-’87 Mark IV big-block Chevys with aftermarket serpentine belt pulleys. This pump is ideal for
street rods with aftermarket serpentine belt pulleys
Installation is the same as for original equipment water pumps. Consult service manual for specific procedures, if necessary.
CAUTION: Be sure that fan bolts don't protrude through the hub so far that they hit the water pump housing.
NOTE: Removal of backing plate is not recommended, as there are no user serviceable parts in the water pump. If backing plate is removed, use
no sealer on the O-ring during re-installation, and use conventional gasket sealer (not RTV silicone) on gasketed models.
Dimension from block surface to hub:
#8850, #88502 & #8860 - 5-3/4"
#8851, #88512 & #8861 - 7-5/16"
#8852 & #8862 - 5-3/4"
#8853 & #8863 - 7-5/16"
#8854 & #8864 - 5-3/4"
• PLEASE complete and mail your warranty card. Be sure to write the
model number of this product in the “Part #____” space.
• THANK YOU.
Edelbrock Corporation • 2700 California Street • Torrance, CA 90503
Tech Line: 1-800-416-8628 • E-Mail: Edelbrock@Edelbrock.com
Incorrect alignment or an unbalanced condition puts excessive
strain on the pump's shaft and/or bearing and will result in early
failure of the shaft and/or bearing. The balance of the assembly
depends primarily upon the concentricity of the fan clutch with the
pump shaft. Concentricity is not assured when universal type
clutches are used. The universal fan clutch has a 3/4" pilot hole,
so an adapter must be used when installing a water pump with a
5/8" shaft. This adapter bushing is supplied with the unit. These
adapter bushings add to the machine tolerances of the assembly,
so special care must be taken to maintain concentricity with the
shaft and the fan clutch.