Thank you for choosing this appliance. This Owner's Manual will provide you with valuable
information necessary for the proper care and maintenance of your new appliance. If pro-
perly maintained, your appliance will give you many years of trouble-free operation. Please
take a few moments and read the instructions thoroughly and familiarize yourself with all of
the operational aspects of this appliance.
This unit can be conveniently moved from room to room within your home and set-up in just minutes.
Read all instructions before using this dehumidifier. To reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, or injury to per-
sons when using your dehumidifier follow basic safety precautions, including the following:
1) After transporting the appliance, wait 1 hour before using it.
2) Do not store or use gasoline, oil, sulphur or other flammable vapors and liquids in the vicinity of
this or any other appliance. Do not install the appliance near source of heat. Read product labels
carefully. Common sense and caution must be used when installing, operating and maintaining any
3) This appliance must be used by adults only. Do not allow children to play with the appliance. Do not
leave children unattended in an area where the appliance is operating. Do not allow them to
sit or stand on the appliance.
4) This appliance is designed to dehumidify domestic living areas, and must not be used for other
purposes. It must be operated in an encolsed area to be most effective. Close all doors,
windows, and other outside openings to the room.
5) The appliance must not be modified in any way, as any modifications may be extremely dangerous.
6) Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug or after the appliance malfunctions, or
has been damaged in any manner. Return appliance to the nearest authorized service facility for
examination, repair or adjustment.
7) The use of accessory attachments is not reccommended by the appliance manufacturer. It may
8) Do not use outdoors.
9) For your safety and protection, this dehumidifier is equipped with a three prong grounding plug on the
power cord. Do not, under any circumstances, cut or remove the round grounding prong from the plug.
10) Your dehumidifier must plug directly into a properly grounded and polarized three-prong outlet.
If the wall outlet will not accept a three prong plug, or if you are not sure the outlet is adequately
grounded or protected by a time delay fuse or circuit breaker, have a qualified electrician install the
proper outlet. Do not use an extention cord or an adapter plug.
11) Never unplug the dehumidifier by pulling on the power cord. Always grip the plug firmly and pull
straight out from the outlet. Do not pinch, bend, or knot the power cord.
12) Always remove the plug from the socket before performing cleaning or maintenance operations
and when not in use.
13) Do not place heavy or hot objects on the top of the appliance.
14) Clean the air filter at least once a week.
15) The appliance must always remain upright or laid on one side during transportation. Remember to
drain the tank before transporting the appliance.
16) WARNING: Handling the cord on this product will expose you to lead, a chemical known to the State
of California to cause [cancer, and] birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after hand
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
THIS PRODUCT IS FOR HOUSEHOLD ONLY
Introduction and Warning