Open as PDF
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed,
including the following: PLEASE READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE
USING THE UNIT.
WARNING: This product contains chemicals, including lead, known to the State of
California to cause cancer, and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after
WARNING: To reduce the risk of fire, electrical shock or injury:
• The intended use is described in this manual. The use of any accessory or attachment or
the performance of any operation with this appliance other than those recommended in
this instruction manual may present a risk of personal injury.
• Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children. Do not
allow to be used as a toy.
• Keep children and animals at a safe distance when using this appliance.
• Never pull the power lead to disconnect the plug from the cigarette lighter socket. Keep
the lead away from heat, oil and sharp edges.
• Be careful not to pinch the lead in the vehicle’s doors, windows or levers.
• Do not use DustBuster
automotive vac to pick up liquids, toxic substances, flammable or
combustible liquids such as gasoline or use in areas where they may be present.
• Do not operate in the presence of explosives and/or flammable fumes or liquids.
• Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or after the appliance malfunctions, is
left outdoors, dropped into water or is damaged in any manner. Return the appliance to
any authorized service facility.
• Keep hair, loose clothing, and all parts of body away from openings and moving parts.
• Do not insert accessories when unit is running.
• Do not put any object into unit openings. Do not use with any openings blocked; keep free
of dust, lint, hair, and anything that may reduce air flow.
• Do not operate the unit without a filter in place. Replace a damaged filter promptly.
• Do not vacuum burning or smoking materials, such as lit cigarette butts, matches or hot
• Do not use on or near hot surfaces.
• When not in use, the appliance should be stored in a dry place. Children should not have
access to stored appliances.
• Before use, check the appliance for damaged or defective parts. Check for breakage of
parts, damage to switches and any other conditions that may affect its operation.
• Have any damaged or defective parts repaired or replaced by an authorized repair agent.
• Regularly check the power lead for damage. Replace the lead if it is damaged or
• Never attempt to remove or replace any parts other than those specified in this manual.
• The appliance is designed for use with 12V negative ground vehicle battery systems.
WARNING: Do not operate the appliance with systems which have positive
ground or a different voltage.
• The cigarette lighter socket may not be live when the ignition is off and/or the key is
removed. If in doubt, consult your vehicle’s owner’s manual for information regarding the
• Use only as described in this manual. Use only manufacturer’s recommended
• Do not use the appliance near water. Do not immerse the appliance in water.
• Keep the motor draught away from your eyes and face.
CONNECTING TO THE VEHICLE’S POWER SUPPLY (FIG. B)
• Make sure that the appliance is switched off.
• Remove the cigarette lighter from the socket.
• Plug the connector (4) into the cigarette lighter socket.
OPERATING THE APPLIANCE (FIG. C)
• To switch on, slide the on/off switch (1) forward.
• To switch off, slide the on/off switch back.
• The appliance can be used for periods of up to 30 minutes without noticeably affecting the
power of a normally charged car battery in good condition.
WARNING: Extended use will drain the battery power.
• Do not run the vehicle’s engine while cleaning. This can shorten the life of the appliance.
• This appliance is intended for household use only and not for commercial or industrial use.
ACCESSORIES (FIG. D & E)
The appliance is supplied with the following accessories:
• Ahard brush (5) for upholstery.
• Acrevice tool (6) for confined spaces.
The accessories are stored beneath the rear of the appliance.
To fit an accessory, proceed as follows:
• Take the accessories from the appliance.
• Insert the appropriate accessory into the front of the appliance.
Catalog No. AV1600B FORM NO. 5145268-01 PRINTED IN CHINA
Copyright © 2006 Black & Decker JAN. 2006
How To Use
BEFORE RETURNING THIS PRODUCT BEFORE RETURNING THIS PRODUCT
FOR ANY REASON PLEASE CALLFOR ANY REASON PLEASE CALL
IF YOU SHOULD EXPERIENCE A PROBLEM
WITH YOUR BLACK & DECKER PRODUCT,
CALL 1-800-54-HOW-TO (544-6986).
BEFORE YOU CALL, HAVE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION
AVAILABLE, CATALOG NO., TYPE NO., AND DATE CODE.
IN MOST CASES, A BLACK & DECKER REPRESENTATIVE CAN RESOLVE
YOUR PROBLEM OVER THE PHONE. IF YOU HAVE A SUGGESTION OR
COMMENT, GIVE US A CALL. YOUR FEEDBACK IS VITAL TO BLACK & DECKER.
AVANT DE RETOURNER LE PRODUIT, PEU IMPORTE
LA RAISON, PRIÈRE DE COMPOSER LE 1 800 544-6986
ANTES DE DEVOLVER ESTE PRODUCTO POR CUALQUIER RAZÓN POR
FAVOR LLAME (Únicamente para propósitos de México) (55)5326-7100
Catalog No: AV1600B
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
Product Features (Fig. A)
1. On/Off slide switch
2. Release button
3. Dust bowl
4. Cigarette lighter connector
Aspirateur pour véhicule
VEA EL ESPAÑOL EN LA CONTRAPORTADA.
SAVE THIS MANUAL FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
INSTRUCTIVO DE OPERACIÓN, CENTROS DE SERVICIO Y PÓLIZA DE GARANTÍA.
ADVERTENCIA: LÉASE ESTE INSTRUCTIVO ANTES DE USAR EL PRODUCTO.