Open as PDF
BEFORE RETURNING THIS PRODUCT
FOR ANY REASON PLEASE CALL
IF YOU SHOULD EXPERIENCE A PROBLEM
WITH YOUR BLACK & DECKER PRODUCT,
CALL 1-800-54-HOW-TO (544-6986).
BEFORE YOU CALL, HAVE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION
AVAILABLE, CATALOG NO., TYPE NO., AND DATE CODE.
IN MOST CASES, A BLACK & DECKER REPRESENTATIVE CAN RESOLVE
YOUR PROBLEM OVER THE PHONE. IF YOU HAVE A SUGGESTION OR
COMMENT, GIVE US A CALL. YOUR FEEDBACK IS VITAL TO BLACK & DECKER.
Catalog No. HV8000
SAVE THIS MANUAL FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
INSTRUCTIVO DE OPERACIÓN, CENTROS DE SERVICIO Y PÓLIZA DE GARANTÍA.
ADVERTENCIA: LÉASE ESTE INSTRUCTIVO ANTES DE USAR EL PRODUCTO.
VEA EL ESPAÑOL EN LA CONTRAPORTADA.
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed, including the following:
PLEASE READ AND UNDERSTAND ALL INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE UNIT.
WARNING: To reduce the risk of fire, electrical shock or injury:
• Do not leave appliance when plugged in. Unplug from outlet when not in use and before servicing.
• Use indoors only. Do not use on wet surfaces.
• Do not store outdoors or on wet surfaces. To prevent tripping accidents, store vacuum after each use.
• Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used near children. Do not allow to be used as a toy.
• Use only as described in this manual. Use only manufacturer’s recommended attachments.
• Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug or after the appliance malfunctions, is left
outdoors, dropped into water or is damaged in any manner. Return the appliance to any authorized service
• Do not pull or carry by cord, do not use cord as a handle, do not close a door on cord or pull cord around
sharp edges or corners, do not run appliance over cord. Keep cord away from heated surfaces.
• Do not unplug by pulling on cord. To unplug, grasp the plug, not the cord.
• Do not handle plug or appliance with wet hands.
• Do not put any object into unit openings. Do not use with any openings blocked; keep free
of dust, lint, hair, and anything that may reduce air flow.
• Keep hair, loose clothing, fingers, and all parts of body away from openings, moving parts and rotating
• Keep end of hose, wands and other openings away from your face and body.
• Use extra caution when cleaning on stairs.
• Keep work areas well lit.
• Do not vacuum any electrical appliances while they are plugged in.
•Do not use this product to pick up sharp objects, metallic debris or large, solid objects (i.e., rocks or pebbles),
as product damage may result.
• Do not use to pick up any liquids, toxic substances, flammable or combustible liquids such as gasoline or use
in areas where they may be present.
• Do not place or drop the product into water or other liquids, if the product falls into water, immediately
unplug it from the electrical outlet. Do not touch or reach into the water.
•Do not use this product while standing in water or on wet surfaces.
• Do not vacuum burning or smoking materials, such as lit cigarette butts, matches or hot ashes.
• Do not use on or near hot surfaces. Keep cord away from heated surfaces.
• Do not use without dirt bowl and filters in place.
• Turn off the switch before unplugging.
• Use only extension cords UL-rated or cUL at 15 amperes. Extension cords rated for less amperage may
overheat. Care should be taken to arrange the cord so that the cord cannot be pulled or tripped over.
• Using improper voltage may result in damage to the motor and possible injury to the user. Correct voltage is
listed on the rating label.
• Always wear the appropriate shoes and clothing while operating this product.
• Look on your hand vacuum and follow all label and marking instructions.
WARNINGS FOR BLOWING AND INFLATOR OPERATION:
• The Blower and Inflator operation of this vacuum can result in foreign objects being blown into
eyes, which can result in eye damage. Always wear eye protection (not provided) when
operating as blower or inflator.
• Do not permanently cover openings of inflator accessories.
•Take care when using inflator accessories, some surfaces may become warm.
• Do not leave appliance unattended when inflating any items.
WARNING: Do not point tool exhaust at self, bystanders or animals.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
Hand Vac Use Utilisation de l'aspirateur
Uso de la aspiradora
Form No. 598068-01 Cat. HV8000 (NOV. ‘03)
Copyright © 2003 Black & Decker Printed in China
WARNING: Always unplug the product from the electrical outlet before assembling, opening or emptying
the container, or connecting/disconnecting the attachments.
CAUTION: Keep the suction intake opening free from obstruction at all times; otherwise the motor will
overheat and product damage may result.
CAUTION: The hand vacuum is a very powerful unit. Before plugging cord into outlet make sure the switch is
in the OFF position. Make sure to hold firmly when starting and in use.
CAUTION: NEVER EXCEED RECOMMENDED PRESSURE. The item being inflated may burst
and cause injury. Soft inflatable material items will not have existing pressure
rating. Be careful not to over-inflate.
WARNING: This product contains chemicals, including lead, known to the State of California to cause
cancer, and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling.
WARNING: Some dust created by this product contains chemicals known to the State of California to
cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. Some examples of these chemicals
are: • compounds in fertilizers
• compounds in insecticides, herbicides and pesticides
• arsenic and chromium from chemically treated lumber
To reduce your exposure to these chemicals, wear approved safety equipment such as dust masks that are
specially designed to filter out microscopic particles.
CAUTION: Wear appropriate personal hearing protection during use. Under some conditions
and duration of use, noise from this product may contribute to hearing loss.
IMPORTANT: This motor is equipped with a motor protective thermostat. If the vacuum cleaner should
overheat, the thermostat will automatically turn the unit OFF. Should this occur, turn OFF the
switch and unplug the vacuum cleaner from the wall outlet. Allow the unit to cool. Check
and clean filter system. To restart, re-plug into wall outlet and turn switch back ON.
IMPORTANT: Washing filters improves vacuum performance. Make sure all filters are
completely dry before inserting back in the hand vacuum.
This appliance is intended for household use only and not for commercial or industrial use.
1. Hand vac (1)
2. Extension tubes (3)
3. Flexible blow adaptor (1)
4. Tool adaptor (1)
5. Brush tool (1)
6. Crevice tool (1)
7. Bowl adaptor (1)
8. Blow diffuser (1)
9. Beater Brush (1)
10. Flex hose (1)
11. Small inflator adaptor (1)
12. Medium inflator adaptor (1)
13. Large inflator adaptor (1)
14. Storage bag (1)
Before using your new Vacuum, please check that you have all the necessary parts and
pieces. Refer to fig 1 and the following list of parts. Note: Before disposing of packaging, be
sure to remove all parts. If you have any problems, please call 1-800-54-HOW-TO
Unpacking Your Hand Vac (Fig. 1)
Bowl Lock Button
Bouton de verrouillage
Botón de cierre del
Interruptor de encendido y apagado
Clogged Filter Indicator
Indicateur de blocage du
Indicador de filtro tapado
CORDED HAND VAC