Open as PDF
Battery storage and carrying caps are provided for use whenever the battery is out of the
tool or charger. Remove cap before placing battery in charger or tool.
WARNING: Do not store or carry battery so that metal objects can contact exposed
battery terminals. For example, do not place battery in aprons, pockets, tool boxes,
product kit boxes, drawers, etc. with loose nails, screws, keys, etc. without battery cap.
Transporting batteries can possibly cause fires if the battery terminals inadvertently come
in contact with conductive materials such as keys, coins, hand tools and the like. The US
Department of Transportation Hazardous Material Regulations (HMR) actually prohibit
transporting batteries in commerce or on airplanes (i.e. packed in suitcases and carryon
luggage) UNLESS they are properly protected from short circuits. So when transporting
individual batteries, make sure that the battery terminals are protected and well insulated
from materials that could contact them and cause a short circuit.
IMPORTANT CHARGING NOTES
1. Longest life and best performance can be obtained if the battery pack is charged when
the air temperature is between 65°F and 75°F (18°- 24°C). DO NOT charge the battery
pack in an air temperature below +40°F(+4.5°C), or above +105°F (+40.5°C). This is
important and will prevent serious damage to the battery pack.
2. The charger and battery pack may become warm to touch while charging. This is a
normal condition, and does not indicate a problem.
3. If the battery pack does not charge properly — (1) Check power at receptacle by
plugging in a lamp or other appliance. (2) Check to see if receptacle is connected to a
light switch which turns power off when you turn out the lights. (3) Move charger and
battery pack to a location where the surrounding air temperature is approximately
65°F - 75°F (18°- 24°C). (4) If charging problems persist, take or send the tool, battery
pack and charger to your local service center.
4. The battery pack should be recharged when it does not produce sufficient power on jobs
which were easily done previously. DO NOT CONTINUE use under these
conditions. Follow the charging procedures. You may also charge a partially used pack
whenever you desire with no adverse affect on the battery pack.
5. Black & Decker battery packs that are labeled “NiMH” should only be used with
chargers labeled “NiMH“ or “NiCd/NiMH.”
6. Under certain conditions, with the charger plugged into the power supply, the exposed
charging contacts inside the charger can be shorted by foreign material. Foreign
materials of a conductive nature such as, but not limited to, steel wool, aluminum foil, or
any buildup of metallic particles should be kept away from charger cavities. Always
unplug the charger from the power supply when there is no battery pack in the cavity.
Unplug charger before attempting to clean.
7. Do not immerse charger in water or any other liquid.
8. The charger supplied with this product is intended to be plugged in such that it is correctly
orientated in a vertical or floor mount position.
This product is for dry pick-up only.
FIG. B • To start, slide the On/Off switch forward (i.e. “O”= Off, “I” = On). To stop, slide the
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed,
including the following: PLEASE READ AND UNDERSTAND ALL INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY
BEFORE USING THE UNIT.
WARNING: Some household dust contains chemicals known to the State of
California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm such as asbestos and
lead in lead based paint.
WARNING: To reduce the risk of fire, electrical shock or injury:
• Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children. Do not
allow to be used as a toy.
• To protect against risk of electrical shock, do not put unit or charging base in water or other
• Do not use Cordless Hand vacuum to pick up liquids, toxic substances, flammable or
combustible liquids such as gasoline or use in areas where they may be present.
• Do not use wet/dry hand vacs to pick up toxic substances, flammable or combustible
liquids such as gasoline or use in areas where they may be present.
• Do not operate in the presence of explosives and/or flammable fumes or liquids.
• Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or charger or after the appliance
malfunctions, is left outdoors, dropped into water or is damaged in any manner. Return the
appliance to any authorized service facility.
• Do not use Cordless Hand Vacuum outdoors or on wet surfaces. Do not use the wet/dry
hand vacs outdoors.
• Do not abuse the cord. Never carry the charger or base by the cord or yank to disconnect
from an outlet; instead grasp the charger and pull to disconnect. Keep cord away from
heated surfaces. Do not pull cord around sharp edges or corners.
• Do not allow the cord to hang over the edge of a table or counter or touch hot surfaces. The unit
should be placed or mounted away from sinks and hot surfaces.
• Do not use an extension cord. Plug the charger directly into an electrical outlet.
• Use the charger only in a standard electrical outlet (120V/60Hz).
• Do not attempt to use the charger with any other product; do not attempt to charge this
product with any other charger. Use only the charger supplied by the manufacturer to
• Keep hair, loose clothing, and all parts of body away from openings and moving parts.
• Do not insert accessories when unit is running.
• Do not handle plug or appliance with wet hands.
• Do not put any object into unit openings. Do not use with any openings blocked; keep free
of dust, lint, hair, and anything that may reduce air flow.
• Do not operate the unit without a filter in place. Replace a damaged filter promptly.
• Do not vacuum burning or smoking materials, such as lit cigarette butts, matches or hot
• Do not use on or near hot surfaces.
• Use extra caution when cleaning on stairs.
• This appliance is intended for household use only and not for commercial or industrial use.
• Use only as described in this manual. Use only manufacturer’s recommended
• Unplug the charger from outlet before any routine cleaning or maintenance.
• This product includes rechargeable nickel cadmium batteries. Do not incinerate batteries
as they will explode at high temperatures.
• Leaks from battery cells can occur under extreme conditions. If the liquid, which is a
20-35% solution of potassium hydroxide, gets on the skin (1) wash quickly with soap and
water or (2) neutralize with a mild acid such as lemon juice or vinegar. If the liquid gets
into the eyes, flush them immediately with clean water for a minimum of 10 minutes. Seek
Catalog No. FS1800HV FORM NO. 5148276-00 REV. 1
Copyright © 2006 Black & Decker (NOV. ‘06) PRINTED IN CHINA
VEA EL ESPAÑOL EN LA CONTRAPORTADA.
SAVE THIS MANUAL FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
INSTRUCTIVO DE OPERACIÓN, CENTROS DE SERVICIO Y PÓLIZADE GARANTÍA.
ADVERTENCIA: LÉASE ESTE INSTRUCTIVO ANTES DE USAR EL PRODUCTO.
How To Use
Catalog No. FS1800HV
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
FIG. A 1. On/Off switch 3. Dust bowl 5. Slide pack battery
2. Release button 4. Exhaust Filter
FS1800HV tool can accept any of the following 18V slide pack batteries and 18V slide
pack chargers seen in the chart below. Please see the individual charger manuals for all
safety and operating instructions.
BEFORE RETURNING THIS PRODUCT
FOR ANY REASON PLEASE CALL
BEFORE YOU CALL, HAVE THE CATALOG No. AND DATE CODE AVAILABLE. IN MOST CASES, A
BLACK & DECKER REPRESENTATIVE CAN RESOLVE THE PROBLEM OVER THE PHONE. IF
YOU HAVE A SUGGESTION OR COMMENT, GIVE US ACALL. YOUR FEEDBACK IS VITALTO
BLACK & DECKER.
18V Slide Pack Batteries
18V Firestorm Battery
18V FSXtreme Battery
18V FSXtreme Battery -
18V FSXtreme Battery -
18V Black & Decker Battery
Cat. # Description
18V Slide Pack Chargers
18V Cup Charger
18V Dual Port Charger
18V Radio Charger
18V Three Port Charger
9.6V-18V Fast Charger
9.6V-24V One Hour Charger
9.6V-24V Dual Port One Hour
Cat. # Description